• 33(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Here's another who would gladly donate to help support Koying. Thanks to everyone for the work they've contributed so far.
Quote:I have seen many people mentioning passing audio via optical - what is the advantage of this over audio through HDMI?

The only advantage is if you have an amplifier that doesn't have HDMI input.

EDIT to correct my quoting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-05, 23:18)RGB_Gamer Wrote: I have seen many people mentioning passing audio via optical - what is the advantage of this over audio through HDMI?

The advantages are actually in favor of HDMI, as optical can't handle the DTS HD and TrueHD DD (AFAIK). Other than that, both optical and HDMI pass a purely digital audio signal (or course, HDMI also carries video), so that it can be decoded by your receiver itself.
The only "benefit" of optical would be if your receiver does not have HDMI input, but does have optical audio input.
I would also make a donation to have a box sent too Koying, but I'm assuming it would have to be done through the foundation and maybe earmarked for it? I could be wrong but maybe someone could chime in.
okay so i sideloaded xbmc on my firetv.. now whats the best way to put my advancedsettings file on the thing? or pull xbmc log file off of it?
can i ftp/ssh/scp? do i have to use another app to do it (if so, which one / what apk)
(2014-04-06, 00:03)thezoggy Wrote: okay so i sideloaded xbmc on my firetv.. now whats the best way to put my advancedsettings file on the thing? or pull xbmc log file off of it?
can i ftp/ssh/scp? do i have to use another app to do it (if so, which one / what apk)

You can push and pull files via ADB. I sideloaded SSHDroid, though, so I just SFTP to the FireTV.
(2014-04-06, 00:03)thezoggy Wrote: okay so i sideloaded xbmc on my firetv.. now whats the best way to put my advancedsettings file on the thing? or pull xbmc log file off of it?

You can use the file manager in xbmc to copy the advancedsettings.xml to the directory it needs to go to.
Saw this thread in its early stages when Fire TV was first announced. Skimmed through 30+ pages. Loaded XBMC on my Fire TV and downloaded some extra addons from zip via my NAS. Don't know if anyone is compiling a list of working keyboards but my Logitech K520 and DiNovo mini wireless keyboards work. No mouse but the keyboards work fine.

Also got a Gbox MX2 at the same time. Looks like it will be getting returned to Amazon today. Fire TV with side-loading apps seems nice. If i could only get XBMC to show up in the dash like a native app...
Logitech K750 and K800 both work as well...
XBMC for Ouya apk is working nice the 1080 file my box was previously struggling w/ is playing back perfect now. Keyboard layout of XBMC w/ my logitech k400 is all screwy though does anyone have any reccs on how that can be modified without root access?
(2014-04-06, 00:33)DealLQ Wrote: Saw this thread in its early stages when Fire TV was first announced. Skimmed through 30+ pages. Loaded XBMC on my Fire TV and downloaded some extra addons from zip via my NAS. Don't know if anyone is compiling a list of working keyboards but my Logitech K520 and DiNovo mini wireless keyboards work. No mouse but the keyboards work fine.

Also got a Gbox MX2 at the same time. Looks like it will be getting returned to Amazon today. Fire TV with side-loading apps seems nice. If i could only get XBMC to show up in the dash like a native app...

Please please report what hardware is and isn't working on the wiki, they get lost here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
SPMC 12.3.3 works perfect for me!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat...upload.png
Hello all,

I just installed the latest build (4-4-14 eb4e0ea) on my FireTV. It is up and running with the default settings. The link below has the test video (Monsters Inc) from the wiki.

Default install settings with HW Accel, libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled:
http://l.bitcasa.com/TTtnVDhx

I tried with just libstagefright enabled but it was dropping almost every frame.

I also tried with only MediaCodec and saw results similar to my video above.

I am now testing with Software decoding enabled, it looks like this thing has enough CPU power to decode the 10Mbps 1080p sample. Using multi-threaded software decoding.

CPU decoding enabled:
http://l.bitcasa.com/JrnYye4E

Thanks for the work on this.

Also, anyone else on IRC? Freenode channel #xbmc and #xbmc-android
(2014-04-06, 01:16)Kewlj1313 Wrote: Hello all,

I just installed the latest build (4-4-14 eb4e0ea) on my FireTV. It is up and running with the default settings. The link below has the test video (Monsters Inc) from the wiki. The it seems to be using the CPU instead of the GPU.

http://l.bitcasa.com/TTtnVDhx

Thanks for the work on this.

Also, anyone else on IRC? Freenode channel #xbmc and #xbmc-android

can you upload youtube link? im sure no one wants to sign up for bitcasa to view video.
Quote:can you upload youtube link? im sure no one wants to sign up for bitcasa to view video.

While boggled at the choice of bitcasa, I was able to download it without having to sign up.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10