• 177(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-17, 03:03)nickr Wrote: Be specific. what do you think is vague and why?

I was just kidding. I thought it was pretty detailed compared to other boxes.
(2014-05-17, 03:26)HuddaDudda Wrote: I have to admit I had issues with this section of the wiki:

5.1 Copy userdata settings (optional)
Run XBMC at least once to initialize the userdata folder on the Fire TV
Copying from PC to Fire TV
Copy files to Fire TV userdata folder using adb push <local> <remote>
For example, to copy advancedsettings.xml from your local folder to your Fire TV XBMC userdata folder:
>adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
where org.xbmc.xbmc is replaced with your package name such as tv.ouya.xbmc (XBMC for Ouya) or com.semperpax.spmc (SPMC)
Copying files from Fire TV to PC
Copy files from Fire TV userdata folder using adb pull <remote> <local>
For example, to copy advancedsettings.xml from your Fire TV XBMC userdata folder to your local folder:
>adb pull /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
You can use adb shell to open a remote shell on the Fire TV. Use standard Linux commands such as cd and ls to navigate the file structure. Type exit to exit adb shell.
See userdata folder for more information on the contents of the userdata folder.

It probably should have been obvious but I didnt know you had to go back in and do the "abd connect" command to the AFTV. I was trying to figure out how it got the remote IP so I tried everything before giving up myself. Maybe adding a line before: >adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata with starting back going to the command line and connecting to the AFTV with abd connect command would have made it easier to understand. I used the AFTV installer found on the XDA forum so to copy over the advancedsettings.xml I was trying to use the push command in a command line. Embarrassing enough I ended up sideloading ES File explorer then copied over the advancessettings that way. Then when I read the recent comment it finally clicked how abd worked. Sideloading to my AFTV via WiFi for some reason doesnt work either, but does wired. Maybe its just a few of us hardheads? I did figure it out though. Wink Just my opinion, so take it fwiw.
It's a wiki. Add it.

(2014-05-17, 04:58)calev Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 03:03)nickr Wrote: Be specific. what do you think is vague and why?

I was just kidding. I thought it was pretty detailed compared to other boxes.
D'oh sorry!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Any ideas why he volume up/down wouldn't affect the actual volume?

Even if I turn it all he way down, -60 db, and see the small mute sign, the volume is still the same.
(2014-05-15, 00:00)Gotabooboo Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 09:54)logan_x50 Wrote: Has anyone else had trouble with getting custom keycaps working? I've followed the wiki and created keyboard.xml (third type from the wiki) and i've used dab to push adb push /Users/Steven/Desktop/keyboard.xml

so i'm pretty sure i've done this correctly. Still re-starting xbmc the new map doesn't take effect (i test by trying menu button during video playback and it does nothing)

any ideas chaps?

Hey Logan, I too was having troubles. There seems there is a glitch with the folder "keymaps" within the userdata dir in Gothem 13.1
You'll need to delete the keymaps folder, then create the "keymaps" folder again, and then push the keyboard.xml file back.

Use to delete folder if it not empty:
adb shell rm -r /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Use to delete a empty folder:
adb shell rmdir /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Use to create the folder again:
adb shel mkdir /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

And finally push the keyboard.xml file again:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Hope it helps you and others!
Cheers
Gotabooboo

@Gotabooboo. Thank you, thank you , thank you. Will give this a go. The keymap add-on doesn't quite cut it so was still looking for a solution
(2014-05-17, 04:22)mrnagrom Wrote: Is there anywhere that shows the current status of gpu acceleration in the nightlies?

The wiki is probably your best source. There used to be a line in it saying only libstagefright was workingm and not to use mediacodec. That has now been removed, and I can confirm that I've been running with mediacodec enabled since Gotham release with no issues seen.

Also from the wiki, mpeg2 and VC1 are not hardware accelerated. This is down to the box/OS not supporting them, not an issue in XBMC.

The only other problem I;ve heard of, are a few people are having problems with very high bitrate, 1-1 bluray x264 rips in an mkv container, which then pla fine when remuxed into an m2ts. I havent seen this personally, but my 1-1 blurays are in ISO.
(2014-05-16, 20:31)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 20:00)cstark27 Wrote: adb push file_here /sdcard/
I am new to Android and the Fire TV and having a hard time understanding the steps necessary to do an adb push. I have obviously been able to get XBMC to work but not able to do these adb commands in CMD. Are there any links with descriptions on how to do this? The Wiki is too vague in its instructions for beginners like me who are new to Android.

Here is the easier way.

1. Get your hands on the ES File Explorer apk and install it on your FTV. (I assume you already know how to install apk's as you already have XBMC loaded)
2. On your PC create a folder on your desktop and share it out to your network. Let's call the folder "TEMP".
3. Now, put whatever data you want on your FTV into the "TEMP" folder you created.
4. Fire up ES Explorer and go to the "Network" section and you should see your PC listed and then be able to go into the "TEMP" folder.
5. Copy and paste the data exactly where you want it on your FTV.

Easy peezy.
(2014-05-17, 16:33)shanecrow99 Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 20:31)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 20:00)cstark27 Wrote: adb push file_here /sdcard/
I am new to Android and the Fire TV and having a hard time understanding the steps necessary to do an adb push. I have obviously been able to get XBMC to work but not able to do these adb commands in CMD. Are there any links with descriptions on how to do this? The Wiki is too vague in its instructions for beginners like me who are new to Android.

Here is the easier way.

1. Get your hands on the ES File Explorer apk and install it on your FTV. (I assume you already know how to install apk's as you already have XBMC loaded)
2. On your PC create a folder on your desktop and share it out to your network. Let's call the folder "TEMP".
3. Now, put whatever data you want on your FTV into the "TEMP" folder you created.
4. Fire up ES Explorer and go to the "Netowrk" section and you should see your PC listed and then be able to go into the "TEMP" folder.
5. Copy and paste the data exactly where you want it.

Easy peezy.

Why do all that when you can just use xbmc's file manager?
I agree the xbmc file manager was by far the easiest way.
Its al towards personal preference in my opinion. I like ES explorer.. Lets me manage more files
Storage on the FireTV is always going to be an issue.Why clutter the device with more than it needs when xbmc is more than capable of doing it.
No need to worry about my device. Like i said.. Personal preference.
(2014-05-17, 09:25)logan_x50 Wrote:
(2014-05-15, 00:00)Gotabooboo Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 09:54)logan_x50 Wrote: Has anyone else had trouble with getting custom keycaps working? I've followed the wiki and created keyboard.xml (third type from the wiki) and i've used dab to push adb push /Users/Steven/Desktop/keyboard.xml

so i'm pretty sure i've done this correctly. Still re-starting xbmc the new map doesn't take effect (i test by trying menu button during video playback and it does nothing)

any ideas chaps?

Hey Logan, I too was having troubles. There seems there is a glitch with the folder "keymaps" within the userdata dir in Gothem 13.1
You'll need to delete the keymaps folder, then create the "keymaps" folder again, and then push the keyboard.xml file back.

Use to delete folder if it not empty:
adb shell rm -r /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Use to delete a empty folder:
adb shell rmdir /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Use to create the folder again:
adb shel mkdir /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

And finally push the keyboard.xml file again:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Hope it helps you and others!
Cheers
Gotabooboo

@Gotabooboo. Thank you, thank you , thank you. Will give this a go. The keymap add-on doesn't quite cut it so was still looking for a solution

Cool well let me know if it works out for you. When I did mine I also edited the keyboard.xml in "Key Map 3" of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt..._TV_remote
to swap the #7 and #10 in the Global and Home actions because it made better sense to me that paging up is like going forward and paging down is like going back.
But that's just my preference.
Cheers
Gotabooboo
(2014-05-17, 16:49)DiamondGeezer Wrote: I agree the xbmc file manager was by far the easiest way.

Good point. Honestly, I have never used XBMC's file manager. Gonna have to give that a try.
Guy's sorry if that was answered before, i dont find it but how FTV behaves with uhd movie on a uhd TV?

P.S. I ordered one with reship and w8ting to come to Greece.
There's no substitute for experience
(2014-05-17, 19:29)bluechris Wrote: Guy's sorry if that was answered before, i dont find it but how FTV behaves with uhd movie on a uhd TV?

P.S. I ordered one with reship and w8ting to come to Greece.

Plays fine so far on my UH8550 LED but I dont like this TV PQ so I am getting a F8500 Plasma.

EDIT: Sorry skipped over the UHD Movie - 4K will not work.
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10