• 194(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
I just installed the latest build- xbmc-20140526-34dfc7c-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

I am not able to add Windows SMB shares.

I can add shares with no issues on my SPMC (12.x Frodo for Ouya) build that is installed on the same Fire TV.

When I attempt to browse for a Windows SMB share from this build of XBMC on Fire TV, it just spins with the "working" icon in the bottom right.

I've tried several reboots and get the same result every time.
(2014-05-25, 06:30)derrickrozay Wrote: Hello does anybody know how I could map button #10 on the firetv remote?

(2014-05-27, 11:45)exit Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 05:04)derrickrozay Wrote: Couple of questions

1) How do I SSH into the FTV using my mac? I have filezilla installed what are the username and pw?
2) Can I make my own keymap instead of using one of the preconfigured ones?
3) Do I use FTP/SSH to send the keymap to the FTV?

Regarding questions 1 & 3 above: You first need to load an FTP server onto your Fire TV via adb. I use RapFox FTP. You'll need to find the apk for whatever server you'd like. You'll have to start the server app on your FTV and then you can connect with your Mac via FileZilla. However, the files in the main xbmc folder seem to be hidden for me (and others). I haven't gotten around to figuring out what FTP server on the FTP will allow me to view things like my userdata directory. That's key, because that prevents me right now from using FTP to modify or remove/add things like the keymap.xml file via FTP. I've been using adb for keymap files, which is done via a simple ./adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ command in Terminal on my Mac.

Thanks for the help. This is my first time attempting to SSH'ing into anything

So I downloaded android sdk tools and to point terminal to the platform-tools folder I just drag it into the terminal but when I do any ./adb command like kill-server or connect it just says "bash: ./adb no such file or directory" what am I doing wrong?
Anybody else experiencing buffering problems while watching live streams? I have an asus ac66u so I dont think the wifi is a problem. The problem occurs on both gotham beta 2 and spmc. I haven't disabled acceleration or anything like that could that be the problem? everything else works fine its just live streaming channels
(2014-05-26, 15:28)leedemon Wrote: Think I found the issue, it was watchdog service, everything is day again.

Any watchdog alternative programs that scan in New files automatically?

Watchdog gave me problems on the FireTV as well, so i started using an add on called "xbmc library updater". You can set it to run the update command every couple hours or whenever you want. you can also have it run a "clean" once a day. its been working fine for me
(2014-05-27, 17:00)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 11:45)exit Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 05:04)derrickrozay Wrote: Couple of questions

1) How do I SSH into the FTV using my mac? I have filezilla installed what are the username and pw?
2) Can I make my own keymap instead of using one of the preconfigured ones?
3) Do I use FTP/SSH to send the keymap to the FTV?

Regarding questions 1 & 3 above: You first need to load an FTP server onto your Fire TV via adb. I use RapFox FTP. You'll need to find the apk for whatever server you'd like. You'll have to start the server app on your FTV and then you can connect with your Mac via FileZilla. However, the files in the main xbmc folder seem to be hidden for me (and others). I haven't gotten around to figuring out what FTP server on the FTP will allow me to view things like my userdata directory. That's key, because that prevents me right now from using FTP to modify or remove/add things like the keymap.xml file via FTP. I've been using adb for keymap files, which is done via a simple ./adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ command in Terminal on my Mac.

not sure what the problem is with your winscp, but mine shows .xbmc folder and all the sub folders. There must be a setting to turn on hidden file (when you launch winscp, click on Preferences on left then preferences again, then Panels under Environment tab on left, and tick show hidden files), also the version im using is 4.3.4 (build 1428) . Good Luck.
I tried WinSCP (ver. 5.5.3 build 4214) and couldn't get it to show the hidden .xbmc folder even after changing the preferences listed above. The only way I could get it to work is by accessing the FTP Page (Advanced Site Settings dialog) and set "Use MLSD" to NO and "Support for listing of hidden files" to Yes.

So there are at least 2 windows FTP clients (WS_FTP and WInSCP) that can access the hidden xbmc folders.

Jay
(2014-05-27, 17:29)ARCHA1C Wrote: I just installed the latest build- xbmc-20140526-34dfc7c-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

I can add shares with no issues on my SPMC (12.x Frodo for Ouya) build that is installed on the same Fire TV.

When I attempt to browse for a Windows SMB share from this build of XBMC on Fire TV, it just spins with the "working" icon in the bottom right.

I believe that's a Helix nightly build and it probably isn't very stable as work just started on Helix.

Try a Gotham build from here (either the official 13.0 release or one of the 13.1 beta builds):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ama..._TV#Builds
(2014-05-27, 19:02)sspectre Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 17:29)ARCHA1C Wrote: I just installed the latest build- xbmc-20140526-34dfc7c-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

I believe that's a Helix nightly build and it probably isn't very stable as work just started on Helix.

Try a Gotham build from here (either the official 13.0 release or one of the 13.1 beta builds):

I'll do that. Thank you!
(2014-05-27, 06:54)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 02:56)foomanshoe Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 02:18)mjbxx Wrote: bafangul Wrote:

To others who wanted to quickly access XBMC from Fire TV menu, I used Llama to start XBMC whenever I start Flixter. I installed Flixter via Amazon App Store. That way it shows up on the FTV main menu. When I click Flixter, it auto starts XBMC. It's a work around until a shortcut is officially approved. (I got this idea from a much earlier post. But after 193 pages, I forgot the posters name. No disrespect for sharing your idea.).

This is great news. But how do I go about using an app (Flixter) to launch XBMC. The steps necessary for doing this would be invaluable to me and others who would love to be able to launch XBMC from the Fire TV homescreen. Thanks in advance.

I'm more used to tasker than Llama, but I would imagine you would setup an event that monitored when Flixster was launched, then launch xbmc.

I have no idea how to setup an event in Llama that would monitor an app (Flixter) to launch XBMC on the Fire TV homescreen.

Install Llama. > Launch Llama (From FireTV - Setting>Applications>Llama>Launch Application). > Goto 'EVENTS' on top menu > Click '+' to add new event > Select 'ADD CONDITION' > Select 'Active Application' > Select 'Choose App' > Select 'Flixter' >This should return you to Events Menu> Select 'Add Action' > Select 'Run Application' > Select whatever the name of your XBMC build is. That should create your event. Now when you start the Flixter app it should automatically open XBMC. Play around with Llama. It is a very handy app with many options.
So i can't seem to get ServerWMC working when i select a channel all it does is say working and then stops same with the recordings
(2014-05-27, 18:08)jerndl Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 11:45)exit Wrote: Regarding questions 1 & 3 above: You first need to load an FTP server onto your Fire TV via adb. I use RapFox FTP. You'll need to find the apk for whatever server you'd like. You'll have to start the server app on your FTV and then you can connect with your Mac via FileZilla. However, the files in the main xbmc folder seem to be hidden for me (and others). I haven't gotten around to figuring out what FTP server on the FTP will allow me to view things like my userdata directory. That's key, because that prevents me right now from using FTP to modify or remove/add things like the keymap.xml file via FTP. I've been using adb for keymap files, which is done via a simple ./adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ command in Terminal on my Mac.

not sure what the problem is with your winscp, but mine shows .xbmc folder and all the sub folders. There must be a setting to turn on hidden file (when you launch winscp, click on Preferences on left then preferences again, then Panels under Environment tab on left, and tick show hidden files), also the version im using is 4.3.4 (build 1428) . Good Luck.
I tried WinSCP (ver. 5.5.3 build 4214) and couldn't get it to show the hidden .xbmc folder even after changing the preferences listed above. The only way I could get it to work is by accessing the FTP Page (Advanced Site Settings dialog) and set "Use MLSD" to NO and "Support for listing of hidden files" to Yes.

So there are at least 2 windows FTP clients (WS_FTP and WInSCP) that can access the hidden xbmc folders.

Jay

What is the username and password to get into the firetv? I type in my IP and port (5555) but it doesnt work
The user name and password is set by the RapFox FTP app. The default is fox and fox I think. When you start the RapFox FTP server it will tell you on the screen.

Jay
(2014-05-27, 20:09)ARCHA1C Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 19:02)sspectre Wrote:

I'll do that. Thank you!

i had the same problem with the same version yesterday...if going to gotham doesn't fix it, use ip address instead of server name when you're setting up the file location.
(2014-05-27, 18:08)jerndl Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 11:45)exit Wrote: Regarding questions 1 & 3 above: You first need to load an FTP server onto your Fire TV via adb. I use RapFox FTP. You'll need to find the apk for whatever server you'd like. You'll have to start the server app on your FTV and then you can connect with your Mac via FileZilla. However, the files in the main xbmc folder seem to be hidden for me (and others). I haven't gotten around to figuring out what FTP server on the FTP will allow me to view things like my userdata directory. That's key, because that prevents me right now from using FTP to modify or remove/add things like the keymap.xml file via FTP. I've been using adb for keymap files, which is done via a simple ./adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ command in Terminal on my Mac.

Jay

Thank you - that did the trick!
Can I pair the xbox 360 wireless controller to amazon firetv? Is there anything special I need to do? I saw a youtube video that had it that way.
(2014-05-28, 02:47)navigates Wrote: Can I pair the xbox 360 wireless controller to amazon firetv? Is there anything special I need to do? I saw a youtube video that had it that way.

You need the XBox controller receiver, it cost about $15 in Amazon.

(2014-05-27, 14:07)Snowball Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 00:25)LazerBlue Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 08:58)Snowball Wrote: HI there,

two questions:

1. I tried to stream a movie (The Wolf of Wall Street, 23GB version) from my PC using Wifi connection. The streaming is not perfect. I have a lot of buffering problems (depending on the bitrate, I guess).
Am I doing something wrong or it is normal for a system like Amazon Fire Tv?

2. I tried to make a second attempt using LAN cable, but connecting the cable to Amazon Fire TV it doens't recognize it automatically. I have to manually put all the info. I tried to give it IP, Gateway, DNS,... but no luck. Any hint?

Thanks for help.

Did you turn off the Wi-Fi? For some reason mine defaults to Wi-Fi if they are both on.

Thanks for your answer.
So do you mean that I should go in SETTINGS and turn off Wifi on Amazon Tv?
I will try later.

(2014-05-26, 20:40)z31fanatic Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 08:58)Snowball Wrote: I tried to stream a movie (The Wolf of Wall Street, 23GB version) from my PC using Wifi connection. The streaming is not perfect. I have a lot of buffering problems (depending on the bitrate, I guess).
Am I doing something wrong or it is normal for a system like Amazon Fire Tv?
Smooth playback of a full bluray rip over wireless is not happening. Use a wired connection.
I tried playing full bluray rips over wireless on a Macbook pro which has an i7 processor and dedicated 2gb nvidia 750 video card with no success. I experienced buffering every two minutes or so.

Oh thanks for help.
Talking to a friend it seems something related on the speed of your WIFI connection at home
Having a Gigabit setup you should not have this kind of problem - he said.

Quick question:

- Right now is it possible to plug a USB DEVICE (USB Key, HDD,...) to the Amazon TV and see inside it using XBMC?

I increased the buffer size in the advancedsettings.xml to 24k and now every 1080p (10Gb+) movie plays perfect. My setup NAS+N900 Router + AFTV away 45 feet.
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10