Amazon Fire TV for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.78 Average
Richie Offline
(Today 00:50)King_o_hill Wrote:  It plays just fine on my PC with XBMC and my BR player

FireTV doesn't support VC-1 and Mpeg2 hardware decoding, so I was leaning towards that being an issue. The only stuttering/lag problems I've had is playing a VC-1 rip and 10bit rips.
find quote
DaSingh Offline
Hi guys I bought my AFTV from ebay as im in the UK and was going to root it but just read that it will be released in the UK for in December.

So assuming there will need to be some update the device to get prime video to work etc. Rooting it wont block any updates permanently will it?
find quote
yaqh Online
(Today 12:31)DaSingh Wrote:  Hi guys I bought my AFTV from ebay as im in the UK and was going to root it but just read that it will be released in the UK for in December.

So assuming there will need to be some update the device to get prime video to work etc. Rooting it wont block any updates permanently will it?

Can I ask where you bought it from and how much? does it work fine in the UK?
find quote
peatpee Offline
(Today 12:35)yaqh Wrote:  
(Today 12:31)DaSingh Wrote:  Hi guys I bought my AFTV from ebay as im in the UK and was going to root it but just read that it will be released in the UK for in December.

Can I ask where you bought it from and how much? does it work fine in the UK?

Sorry to butt into the thread, but I also bought mine on ebay and live in Spain. With postage and customs pre-paid it cost me £124. Hope that helps. p.s. VERY happy with speed etc.
(This post was last modified: Today 13:17 by peatpee.)
find quote