• 264(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Having a weird issue. I am trying to get poster art to display for my tv shows. Using the Bello skin btw. It displays all the episode info no problem. When I click on the tv show folder, it opens up with the poster and description no problem. However, it won't display a poster for the folder itself. When I go in and select poster and go back to the folder screen, it flashes as if it wanted to display something, but comes back with just a folder icon. I've done this before with xbmc so I know this should work.

Just for the heck of it I went into Confluence and the poster artwork is displayed!

Any thoughts?
(2014-07-29, 03:10)Dignam Wrote: Is there a simple installation for this yet? Want this for my parents with xbmc on it fed by an external drive. Looked like a very complex install.

Check out adbFire. Button-clicks for most actions, including rooting, support for external drives and app installations.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
OK that worked. Strange. I tried looking here but with over 260 pages kind of hard. Thanks for the help guys. I hope it does not come back
Running since XBMP
Bluetooth headphones have a Bluetooth receiver. For them to receive a signal, you need to get a signal from a device with a bluetooth transmitter. Bluetooth transmitters are typically found on mobile devices such as smart phones ann tablets. I doubt that you will find a Bluetooth transmitter in a set top box and I know that they are not incorporated into any av receivers yet (although many of them do have Bluetooth receivers to enable them to receive audio from mobile devices). The two items I mentioned before included a Bluetooth transmitter that takes an analog audio input and streams it to Bluetooth headphones. Since the AFTV does not have analog outputs, you will need something like an optical to analog converter to enable you to get a signal into the Bluetooth Xmtr.
(2014-07-28, 04:44)RVD26 Wrote: How are you able to convert VC-1 .mkv to .ts?

I'll be using VLC. Go to Media, then Convert/Save. Choose the file, then click the down arrow on the button at the bottom and choose 'Convert'. Choose H.264 + MP3 (TS) profile then click the settings button, click the Video codec tab and check 'Keep original Video Track' and click Audio Codec tab and check 'Keep original audio track'. Click Save, choose a destination file, then click start. Should not take too long to convert just the container.
Sorry I missed this comment previously. Bluetooth headphones have a pretty broad price range and it should not be too difficilt to find a pair for as little as $15.
Just borrow a friend's BT headphones and see if it works, then you can decide on investment.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-27, 03:54)duppa43 Wrote: I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!

my 1st post and I hope it helps.
I found this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2714494
I can get my BT headphones to connect, however, I have 2 snags;
in any AFTV (ver. 51.1.1.0) video function, there is a lag in audio for which I have not found a fix.
in XBMC (RC1 13.0 May 2, 14) with any video file I have to disable passthrough and adjust the audio offset ahead. I've tried a random sample of my video files and the lag appears to be consistent.
(2014-07-29, 15:01)kaveman Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 03:54)duppa43 Wrote: I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!

my 1st post and I hope it helps.
I found this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2714494
I can get my BT headphones to connect, however, I have 2 snags;
in any AFTV (ver. 51.1.1.0) video function, there is a lag in audio for which I have not found a fix.
in XBMC (RC1 13.0 May 2, 14) with any video file I have to disable passthrough and adjust the audio offset ahead. I've tried a random sample of my video files and the lag appears to be consistent.

Bluetooth audio drivers presumably accept (prior to A2DP compression etc.) PCM audio - so you would need to disable passthrough to force XBMC to decode to PCM - as the BT headphone drivers are unlikely to include AC3, DTS etc. decoding internally?
(2014-07-29, 05:36)Richie Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 04:44)RVD26 Wrote: How are you able to convert VC-1 .mkv to .ts?

I'll be using VLC. Go to Media, then Convert/Save. Choose the file, then click the down arrow on the button at the bottom and choose 'Convert'. Choose H.264 + MP3 (TS) profile then click the settings button, click the Video codec tab and check 'Keep original Video Track' and click Audio Codec tab and check 'Keep original audio track'. Click Save, choose a destination file, then click start. Should not take too long to convert just the container.

I followed these steps, but I am only getting audio, no video at all in the created file.
How do I disable subtitles from automatically coming up when I play files?
(2014-07-29, 05:32)PK21 Wrote: Bluetooth headphones have a Bluetooth receiver. For them to receive a signal, you need to get a signal from a device with a bluetooth transmitter. Bluetooth transmitters are typically found on mobile devices such as smart phones ann tablets. I doubt that you will find a Bluetooth transmitter in a set top box and I know that they are not incorporated into any av receivers yet (although many of them do have Bluetooth receivers to enable them to receive audio from mobile devices). The two items I mentioned before included a Bluetooth transmitter that takes an analog audio input and streams it to Bluetooth headphones. Since the AFTV does not have analog outputs, you will need something like an optical to analog converter to enable you to get a signal into the Bluetooth Xmtr.

Ah, things are much clearer now. The items you've listed are pretty inexpensive anyway so should be worth the shot!

Well try it out once I get the fire TV this Thursday! Thanks!
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
In its current form, Fire TV support at xbmc.org is sub-par. This thread is out-of-hand.

I'd like to see this thread locked and a section opened for Fire TV Support. Much like xbmc.org has done for the Raspberry Pi. I have no numbers, but I'd argue that the Fire TV has a larger installed base than Raspberry Pi.

The Fire TV is not a pure Android device, it's Fire OS. Questions are asked daily that are Fire TV specific.

We're also seeing many questions repeated, where answers are buried hundreds of pages below current posts. Thread search isn't an answer.

As a device sub-community we're doing our part, maintaining a good wiki subsection, answering questions, generally being good xbmc citizens. Please help us be better xbmc supporters.

Respectfully,

Jocala
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-07-29, 19:57)RVD26 Wrote: How do I disable subtitles from automatically coming up when I play files?

When a movie is playing, press the big round button to bring up the osd. Arrow over to sound icon. Arrow down to the enable subtitle toggle and turn off. Arrow down to the Set as default for all videos and select.

All found in the wiki at video playback xbmc
(2014-07-29, 20:58)jocala Wrote: In its current form, Fire TV support at xbmc.org is sub-par. This thread is out-of-hand.

I'd like to see this thread locked and a section opened for Fire TV Support. Much like xbmc.org has done for the Raspberry Pi. I have no numbers, but I'd argue that the Fire TV has a larger installed base than Raspberry Pi.

The Fire TV is not a pure Android device, it's Fire OS. Questions are asked daily that are Fire TV specific.

We're also seeing many questions repeated, where answers are buried hundreds of pages below current posts. Thread search isn't an answer.

As a device sub-community we're doing our part, maintaining a good wiki subsection, answering questions, generally being good xbmc citizens. Please help us be better xbmc supporters.

Respectfully,

Jocala

+1
  • 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10