Intel nuc dc32171ye- Remote Power on
Apologies if this has been discussed before, I see tons of threads and honestly cant afford to look through them all.

I just want to know if anyone has been able to turn intel nuc dc32171ye on using a remote control. If yes, what remote control did you use.

Thanks for your feedback.
I have the same model nuc as you, I am just getting started with it, but am learning, thanks to the people on this forum. I am just running openelec for the time being, but the yatse app for phones and tablets is working great for me, I can turn the machine on and off without even being in the same room. I hagent tried it yet, but another option that was mentioned to me is flirc, its an ir receiver that can be programmed to work with any remote in your house, although it will need direct line of sight with the ir receiver just like any other ir remote.
Thanks for the info. I dont want to have to use YATSE or a phone or tablet though. I do have a multitude of options available to me. I do have flirc, an MCE receiver, and even bluetooth remote but none of them can turn it on for me.

I am only aware of turning it on from a completely off state using MCE remote and receiver but I believe the hardware needs to support that feature or some settings have to be tweaked and I was hoping someone could shed some light on it here.

By the way, how can Yatse turn it on via wifi from a completely off state? Are you waking it up from sleep or really turning it ON?

Openelec does work great on it thought, doesnt it? I just put some ram in it and an SSD and the thing is a beauty.
(2014-04-02, 17:43)ozkhan1 Wrote: Apologies if this has been discussed before, I see tons of threads and honestly cant afford to look through them all.

I just want to know if anyone has been able to turn intel nuc dc32171ye on using a remote control. If yes, what remote control did you use.

Thanks for your feedback.

You would want something like this when it's released.

Release - introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!

You could also try to do your own mod

Intel NUC OEM+ [Simerec / IR-RC6 internal mod] + Light Dims!
Sorry I can't help you more, I have learned everything I know about the nuc from this forum. I haven't tried flirc yet, so I cannot speak personally on it yet, though I do intend on buying one to make a more family friendly remote for the rest of the house.

I also can't explain the yatse app's ability to shut down the machine, but from my limited knowledge it appears.to do so. When I click the shutdown option the machine turns off and is silent. When I power it on, it shows the Intel bios, then the openelec boot, then loads straight to xbmc. If it was in sleep mode I done believe I would have seen the Intel bios screen.. I'm sorry, I can't explain why though.
(2014-04-03, 00:34)JDEaston Wrote: Sorry I can't help you more, I have learned everything I know about the nuc from this forum. I haven't tried flirc yet, so I cannot speak personally on it yet, though I do intend on buying one to make a more family friendly remote for the rest of the house.

I also can't explain the yatse app's ability to shut down the machine, but from my limited knowledge it appears.to do so. When I click the shutdown option the machine turns off and is silent. When I power it on, it shows the Intel bios, then the openelec boot, then loads straight to xbmc. If it was in sleep mode I done believe I would have seen the Intel bios screen.. I'm sorry, I can't explain why though.

Dude, I tested it out yesterday and you are right.

Yatse does turn my NUC on and off to and from a completely off state over WIFI. I have no idea how they got this to work but it does work.

Its great for those who dont mind using phone or tablet. I just wish they had some sort of a conventional remote control device that could perform this function over wifi or something. Playing with IR mods sounds too damn tedious.
Yeah, I didn't plan on using yatse as a permenant solution at first. But the more I use it the more I like it. I will still probably give flirc a try, but honestly yatse works fine for me. The only reason for me to try flirc now is to make things simpler for everyone else in the house.
If you want to power On/Off the NUC AND be able to control XBMC with the same TV remote (can use any IR remote), take a look at page 5. I used a Teensy and haven't had any issues with it so far.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1568699

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel nuc dc32171ye- Remote Power on0