Linux can't start xbmc
Hey,

I cloned the sourcecode from GitHub.
After compiling like it's written in the Readme file for Ubuntu, I can't start it.

odroid@odroid:~/xbmc$ sudo ./xbmc.bin
Home directory not accessible: Permission denied
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
odroid@odroid:~/xbmc$

Then my TV turn the power off and I have to switch the TV on again

Any Ideas ?
don't run it as root.
it's the same problem:

odroid@odroid:~/xbmc$ ./xbmc.bin
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted (core dumped)
odroid@odroid:~/xbmc$

I'm using Xubuntu on Odroid u3 (Arm)
we don't provide ARM linux builds, so you should report this to wherever you got it from.
He compiled it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-03, 07:22)wsnipex Wrote: we don't provide ARM linux builds, so you should report this to wherever you got it from.

We don't provide any binaries, but we do explicitly support arm linux for those who wish to try and compile it. Obviously, there's no promises, but since when did we ever discourage people from trying to compile XBMC? There's several threads on the front page of the Linux subforum that are just about that topic (but for other chipsets, in this specific case).

I'm really hoping you simply misunderstood him, because saying we won't support him here is a fundamental shift in XBMC philosophy.
indeed, I misread the post. Nonetheless, the OP is missing a debug log, how xbmc was built and which configure options were used.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't start xbmc0