Req Highway's Suggestions and couple bugs found.
Just some ideas for some helpful things that might nice to see in the upcoming XBMC v14 Hoff.

It's nice to see new features, but it would be nice to see revisiting some older features to improve upon them too.

It would be nice to have advanced options to show/hide script modules and services and hte likes in Repositories. It would also be nice to see about adding a few new categories like Games as well as features to improve upon the ability that games could make use of. Also would be a great help to see Repositories refreshing somehow looked into for speeding it up... maybe even working in the Star rankings. I'd personally love if there was something made up for python coding to make use of calling features within XBMC. Features like Addon install/uninstall/disable/enable/ranking (with safety prompts of course).

Along those same lines it would be a GREAT help to call upon something to play sound effects without canceling or having to pickup on position / stop / and later resume a song and/or video that might be playing. Even some kind of ability to make use of a new call to the current player methods as a 2nd copy of the player instead of overriding whats currently playing. It would greatly help out with game development for python games inside of XBMC, even without the use of stuff like ren'py, pygame and the likes. But, it would also help for those wanting to add simple sound effects into addons, a specially executable type addons. Which brings me to the executable addons... I've noticed that when doing an executable addon, a specially with a custom skin in attempts to develop improved game / visual novel wrapping, I noticed that timers both xbmc.sleep and time.sleep(seconds) both pretty much act like they do all the timers at once and then do any other coding, instead of doing the code then waiting then the next bit of code then the next wait and so on. Basically keeping from doing things like updating graphic changes or other such calls to adjust things on the screen and the likes while doing an executable xbmc.python.script rather than the way it works when doing a xbmc.python.pluginsource.

Also I tend to use XBMC Gotham Alpha 6 most of the time, but in some later versions including alpha 10 and beta 2 that have joystick.xml keymap file, my windows 7 installed versions of those xbmc versions all seem to go crazy attempting to run downwards on the screen... even when there's no joystick plugged in, gamepads and the such sitting unplugged.

Anyways, thought I'd just drop in to pass on some ideas and let people know about the issue I'd ran into along my way while enjoying my fond use of XBMC.
For lack of a better place to write this I'm just tagging it onto my last post.

I just realized after while using Gotham Alpha 6 and refering to http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...ontrolEdit that the ControlEdit object is majorly messed up. The alignment variable causes and error saying that it doesn't exist. Textures don't want to stretch to the right shape... like if it's larger on the texture it won't size down to the size set for the object. Also it wants to show for me at 0,0 (x,y) and around 200x62 instead of the 200x32 I tried to set it as.

w=200; h=32; l=200; t=345; #l=(self.scr['W']/3)-(w/2); t=(self.scr['H']/2)-(h/2);
self.txtYourNameBG=xbmcgui.ControlImage(l,t,w,h,self.b1,aspectRatio=1); self.addControl(self.txtYourNameBG)
self.txtYourName=xbmcgui.ControlEdit(l,t,w,h,label="Your Name",font='font12',textColor="0xFFFF1493"); self.addControl(self.txtYourName);

A little example of the lines I used for it. The ControlImage shows up perfect, but the ControlEdit won't show up at all.

I've noticed there's a few other xbmcgui objects that have an occasional variable issue that says it doesn't exist, though it's in both frodo and gotham documentations.

Makes it troublesome to do any kind of cool in-style app or game when such things fail.

Just a quick thought, but could the messed up left,right (idk why on height) be because the alignment variable seems to be missing or messed up. Could it maybe be messing up cause it doesn't know where to start.
(2014-04-15, 01:39)HIGHWAY99 Wrote: For lack of a better place to write this I'm just tagging it onto my last post.

I just realized after while using Gotham Alpha 6 and refering to http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...ontrolEdit that the ControlEdit object is majorly messed up. The alignment variable causes and error saying that it doesn't exist. Textures don't want to stretch to the right shape... like if it's larger on the texture it won't size down to the size set for the object. Also it wants to show for me at 0,0 (x,y) and around 200x62 instead of the 200x32 I tried to set it as.

w=200; h=32; l=200; t=345; #l=(self.scr['W']/3)-(w/2); t=(self.scr['H']/2)-(h/2);
self.txtYourNameBG=xbmcgui.ControlImage(l,t,w,h,self.b1,aspectRatio=1); self.addControl(self.txtYourNameBG)
self.txtYourName=xbmcgui.ControlEdit(l,t,w,h,label="Your Name",font='font12',textColor="0xFFFF1493"); self.addControl(self.txtYourName);

A little example of the lines I used for it. The ControlImage shows up perfect, but the ControlEdit won't show up at all.

I've noticed there's a few other xbmcgui objects that have an occasional variable issue that says it doesn't exist, though it's in both frodo and gotham documentations.

Makes it troublesome to do any kind of cool in-style app or game when such things fail.

Just a quick thought, but could the messed up left,right (idk why on height) be because the alignment variable seems to be missing or messed up. Could it maybe be messing up cause it doesn't know where to start.

Why are you using an alphaHuh? The latest unstable release is Beta 3
Found out that to fix it, I had to do the .set___() stuff afterwards since it doesn't work inline.

Quite obviously cause I'm one of those that doesn't update their main version they use very often. I still tend to keep other versions around to test on with -p mode. Though waiting for this stable version to come out rather than upgrading after every few nghtlies or such.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Highway's Suggestions and couple bugs found.0