Showing pay channels via Internet on XBMC?
I would like to know if there is any way that XBMC can stream content from pay channels such as ViaPlay to my TV.
In order for that to work I would have to enter my ViaPlay login credentials somehow, but it would be much more convenient to be able to watch the content on my 40" TV rather than on a small tablet or the office PC...
I am running the raspbmc/xbmc release from Dec 2013 on a RaspberryPi.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
There are many addons that works, but content that require Silverlight, web based login and/or an external player, OR content with DRM protection will not work.
You will not be able to use ViaPlay "natively" on Pi, nor the XBMC ViaPlay addon.
But it does work with AirPlay, however only for the non DRM content.

ViaPlay have DRM but not for everything, so AirPlay should work with a lot of content including live sports (probably not all though).
Personally I use AirPlay/ViaPlay with football (PL and CL) + Formula 1, works really well.

Another thing, Frodo and AirPlay will not work with iOS7.x, you will need latest Gotham for that.
OK, thanks.. [Sad]
This is what I suspected when I failed to locate an add-on for ViaPlay.
Of course it uses SilverLight (it is stated on their website concerning the requirements).
But is SilverLight available on Android devices?
I ask because they make a lot of noise about being able to watch their channels everywhere and on most devices (tablets, phones - IOS and Android).
I thought that SilverLight was a Microsoft thingie for Windows clients....
Bo Berglund
Sweden
They use different stuff for different platforms.
For iOS and Android they have their own apps so that´s different.
AFAIK there is nothing for Pi or any Linux distros (edit: there are probably some workarounds that exists for silverlight and linux, but it will still not work on Pi as it needs "moonlight" or something similar + a browser and perhaps an external player etc.).

The ViaPlay addon for XBMC I believe requires Windows, Silverlight and an external player.
Side note: ViaPlay for OSX also requires Silverlight.
How very strange....
I received an email that a post has been made in this thread by miappa with the following text:

miappa Wrote:There are many addons that works, but content that require Silverlight, web based login and/or an external player, OR content with DRM protection will not work.
You will not be able to use ViaPlay "natively" on Pi, nor the XBMC ViaPlay addon for XBMC.
But it does work with AirPlay, however only for the non DRM content.

ViaPlay have DRM but not for everything, so AirPlay should work with a lot of content including live sports (probably not all though).
Personally I use AirPlay/ViaPlay with football (PL and CL) + Formula 1, works really well.

Another thing, Frodo and AirPlay will not work with iOS7.x, you will need latest Gotham for that.
But when I get here I can see only the last post from April 3 also by miappa, but the new post is invisible to me!
Why can this have happened.
I have seen it before too, but now I don't remember in which thread.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
The quoted post was #2, whereas I think you looked at post #4 - looks like a time lag which you hadn't allowed for
Derek
But that post was made on April 3 and I received the email from the forum yesterday April 7 so I could not imagine that the post was higher up...
Still strange regarding late delivery of the alert email.
But life goes on... [Smile]
Bo Berglund
Sweden
email systems hide lots of funnies.
You'd have to look carefully at the headers (if those are available - hard with some systems) to work out what delays happened and at what point in the path - I've had delays up to a month when glitches in the various systems happened.
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing pay channels via Internet on XBMC?0