How to change XBMC language?
I use the Amber skin on a Raspberry Pi XBMC (raspbmc from Dec 2013).
For some strange reason it is showing some of the menus in Swedish, which is a pain because then there is no way to compare to what is written in posts here.
It is not even consistent, only some of the items are translated....
I want to change it to English instead, but I have not found out how to do that.
Can someone please send me some instructions on where to go in Amber to change the display language?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Anyone with a clue?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Settings
Appearance
International
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The problem when I tried that is that it then also changed the region to a corresponding country, which could only be toggled between countries with English as official language (England, USA, Canada, India etc)!!!!!!!
I want everything else kept as Swedish except the display language.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Hopefully for XBMC v14 Helix these preferences will be decoupled from each other. I've never understood the crazy grouping method XBMC uses for language and region preferences.
(2014-04-14, 21:57)Bosse_B Wrote: The problem when I tried that is that it then also changed the region to a corresponding country, which could only be toggled between countries with English as official language (England, USA, Canada, India etc)!!!!!!!
I want everything else kept as Swedish except the display language.

Select central Europe
(2014-04-14, 22:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Hopefully for XBMC v14 Helix these preferences will be decoupled from each other. I've never understood the crazy grouping method XBMC uses for language and region preferences.

And who will do this? I haven't seen this on the list and I highly doubt any one will be looking at this for next release
(2014-04-14, 22:39)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 22:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Hopefully for XBMC v14 Helix these preferences will be decoupled from each other. I've never understood the crazy grouping method XBMC uses for language and region preferences.

And who will do this? I haven't seen this on the list and I highly doubt any one will be looking at this for next release

I haven't seen a lot of things on lists, but I still hope for improvements. Our current method of using "sets" of units makes no sense at all and is really un-intuitive. Even if it is unlikely to find a French man who lives in Russia but prefers Fahrenheit over Celsius, there are other reasons to set these things individually. I recall you and I even talking about this the other day and how the current method required maintaining awkward sets of guesses about what different regions might want to use. I'm surprised you doubt anyone would be interested in improving that area.

I also hope for a GUI chapter select window and the ability to edit playlists (non-smart ones that are created in XBMC). I don't expect anyone to work on something they don't want to, but I am hopeful that maybe some one, some day, will see these potential areas for improvement. Neither are on any list.

I once hoped for settings descriptions, a larger font for Confluence, and the "okay" buttons in XBMC to be in more logical places. They weren't even my ideas, but they were things I hoped for, and things other people hoped for, because they made for a better XBMC. Now we have those things in Gotham :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change XBMC language?0