Installation Issues
Hello, Not sure if I'm going to be using the right terminology but I know how to run windows exe in admin mode but how do you do something similar in Android? I'm trying to install some of the XBMC.ORG addons and sometimes it doesn't show up and some items have error in installing.

This could be the problem but maybe not. I did try it on serveral Android devices and at 1st throught could be due to firewall but tried one of the devices on 4G and at another wifi location and still had the same issue.
loaded question, first what version of xbcm are you running? second what addons are you trying to install?
can you post a debug log for when you try and install one and it doesn't work?
יונתן בן-חיים
logcat will show if you are having permissions issues.
Ok, I decided to start from scratch. This is my original problem. I cannot see the add-ons.
Here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/J9pURdyH

As soon, as I get this resolved, then I can try installation errors. I tried installing Chorus and other plugins before.

I'm running Gotham RC1 on an Minix X7 Kasser Kit Kat version.

I'll give logcat a try later, but may not work on my phone because not rooted.
Log file in previous post. I don't know how to really read the log but found some errors:

21:42:05 T:1730167488 ERROR: Unable to load libcec.so, reason: (null)
21:42:05 T:1730167488 ERROR: virtual void PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::Initialise() - failed to initialise bus cec

I get several of these:
21:42:46 T:1863700048 ERROR: Repository XBMC.org Add-ons returned no add-ons, listing may have failed

Any insite why I get these errors? in the past, I would try deleting addon*.db and then it would finally come up but would take a while.
I also tried open up my router DMZ to see if that helped and did not. Is there a list of ports that need to be opened? Is there some test to make sure my adblocker is not causing me grief? Log file in post #4.
Seems my problems went away with the upgrade of 13.1 release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installation Issues1