Help w/ Animation & Visibility...
i have no idea how to get this to work...

i use the buttonscroller. i also have a 'marker' image to show what button is in focus. (i do not use the texture option on the buttonscroller since you cannot animate it separately).

i want to animate the marker on a buttonscroller 'change'... i.e. when i select a different buttonscroller menu choice. i have no idea how to do this.

any help is appreciated!

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
you could use buttonscroller.hasfocus(id) boolean condition to trigger the animation for your marker.

(affini @ mar. 31 2006,22:03 Wrote:(i do not use the texture option on the buttonscroller since you cannot animate it separately).
sure, you can.. infact you can do almost any animation you like, btw. nobody said anything that it is neccesary to have the texturefocus image in the buttonscroller, you can use it like an image and animate that if you know what i'm talking about ?
how would you animate the texture in the buttonscroller without animating the scroller itself? i do not think it is possible.

also, i'd like a way that i could animate an image on any change to the button of the buttonscroller. otherwise, i need to create an animation for all button ids which sux since i have 15 buttons.

jm, can you add condition for buttonscroller.changefocus() ?
i don't understand what you are trying to do.

perhaps you could outline it a bit more clearly, along with a screenshot or two?

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jm,
what i'd like to do is animate an <image> based on the 'movement' (or change in focus) within the buttonscroller. right now you have buttonscroller.hasfocus(id#) but this is specific to a control button within the buttonscroller. i'd like to have a condition which is id independant and just triggered on any change within the buttonscroller.

example:

Quote: <control>
<description>buttonscroller selection marker</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>50</posx>
<posy>292</posy>
<height>35</height>
<width>180</width>
<texture>menumarkerinner.png</texture>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="false">control.hasfocus(300)</visible>
<animation effect="slide" start="-175,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="300">buttonscroller.selectionchange()</animation>
</control>

...thus when the buttonscroller moves from the current button id to another, the image would slide.
not possible.

animations are only triggered based on control events (change in visibility, change in focus, and change in window state), not based on visibility stuff.

instead, just use 15 images. using includes.xml for everything except the visibility condition will keep the code size down.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jm,
can you create a condition for it? it must 'know' when the buttonscroller changes, right?
animations can only occur when the visibility or focus of the control changes or during window open and window close. that's it.

so to invoke an animation on a control you must make it visible or hidden.

i don't see why buttonscroller.changefocus is necessary, given that you can do what you want with 2 images (one visible on the even buttons, one visible on the odd ones) or 3 at the most (in the case of an odd number of buttons in the scroller)

cheers,
jonathan

i just thought it would be nice since each button (i have 15 on my buttonscroller) needs to have the same code but only the id changed. and since i change my menu often (as script stop working and new ones are released) it would just be nice to have a single condition to cover it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help w/ Animation & Visibility...0