Win How to make XBMC use 23.976Hz instead of 24?
I recently switched to XBMC and like a lot about it. The only problem so far is I can't get 23.976 to work. Or rather, I can't find any settings for it. When activating "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" it seems that XBMC sets 24Hz when playing 23.976FPS material. This causes all sorts of problems, like audio out of sync. None of the "Sync playback to display" options works very well (missed frames count very high, audio speed +0.100%). When I adjust the refresh rate in Windows manually to 23Hz (AMD CCC setting for 23.976) everything is smooth and no audio sync issues whatsoever. Why is there no setting for this in XBMC? Huh In Mediaportal, which I used before, you can easily adjust what refresh rate you want. I know XBMC is about simplicity and all, but ...

I've tried to create the advancedsettings.xml and adding the following:

<override>
<fps>23.976</fps>
<refresh>23</refresh>
</override>

But it doesn't seem to work. Still stuck at 24Hz. Pls halp...
I recently had an IVTC problem with Frodo with a few 24(ish) FPS videos.
With Fraps running, I could seen the FPS was actually dropping to 23 (IIRC, maybe even 22) and going back up to 25 causing dupe frames and dropped frames constantly (extremely jagged playback).

I tried all kinds of options. Nothing worked. Seemed to be only a few video files but maybe it was 23.976 like you.

I could not fix it, but I did start using the Gotham betas and it instantly fixed this problem. Albeit, I don't know how or why and don't even have ANY kind of renderer (hw/shader/etc) options or any kind of FPS/audio sync options almost at all. I'm not sure if it's because it's a beta or if it is a planned drop of features or what. If the UI is simply lacking the options, I don't even know if it picked up my old Frodo settings for those features if they still exist but can't be edited from the UI.

Still.
Give it a shot. Maybe even a clean install of Gotham and see if it helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make XBMC use 23.976Hz instead of 24?0