Could nfs on Linux be broken too?
I use OpenElec and ever since beta 3, I've had freezing issues and I had to revert to beta 2. I posted a log with no responses but I am wondering now if it's an issue with NFS?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
FWIW, it's not something I'm getting using B3 on either of my OE boxes, both connecting via NFS to my 'buntu server with a shared mysql database.

Try today's B4 and see if that's any better?
I used today's build and that one froze. Here is my log from last time it froze up.

http://pastebin.com/ZFFzWDTu
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I'm not good enough at reading log files, I'm afraid - nothing obvious to my uneducated eyes. Have you tried disabling some addons, though? When things freeze, can you still ssh into the box (as that would determine whether it's XBMC or the OS that's locking up)?
It looks like you don't have debugging enabled, the log as it is now looks pretty useless (the error messages in there don't provide any clues).

I am running an NFS setup myself here, XBMC 13 beta 3, no issues here. NFS server is an up to date Debian Jessie.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Could be you have an issue with connecting to your NFS-server.
On IBM pages I found a hint about NFS soft and hard mounts. On my Linux box I found in nfs(5);
Code:
soft / hard    Determines the recovery behavior of the NFS client after an NFS request times out.  If neither option is  specified
                      (or if the hard option is specified), NFS requests are retried indefinitely.  If the soft option is specified, then
                      the NFS client fails an NFS request after retrans retransmissions have been sent, causing the NFS client to  return
                      an error to the calling application.

NB: A so-called "soft" timeout can cause silent data corruption in certain cases. As such, use the soft option only
                      when client responsiveness is more important than data integrity.  Using NFS over TCP or increasing  the  value  of
                      the retrans option may mitigate some of the risks of using the soft option.
Not sure if this goes in the right direction, but can you give some more details about your NFS-setup? I mount NFS-directories on my client via /etc/fstab like this:
Code:
192.168.178.11:/export/Mediadisk        /media/Mediadisk        nfs     auto    0       0
Here "auto" would be he parameter to change for further experiments.
Can you ssh into your client? Are client and server connected via cable, wlan or whatever, what is in between? NFS address via hardcodeded IP (as in my example) or names? Some authentification between client and server? All these questions can broaden or narrow the possible reasons.

Ciao
Tom

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could nfs on Linux be broken too?0