Solved Need help with UPnP and library syncing
I've got an iPad 3 with XBMC 12.3 Frodo installed. Everything is updated, and works nicely, except I can't figure out how to get the "Movies" and "TV Shows" submenus to show up on the main menu. These menus show up fine on the main XBMC installation in my house (win7 also 12.3 Frodo), but when adding content to the iPad installation, I am not given the "choose a content type and scraper" dialogue. Most answers I've seen say "Add the files to your library" but that's what I am doing, just via UPnP.

I've tried adding the whole XBMC folder, just the Video Library, just the Files folder, I can't seem to get the same experience as on the desktop.

Nothing on the iPad gets fancy metadata or gets its file name changed to a friendly name, it all just sits there, like a WMP playlist....ugly. Is there a way to get the scraper dialogue to show? Can UPnP content even be "libraried" as it were?

XBMC noob with more questions than common sense
You have to use a skin that allows you to make custom home items (wiki). UPnP won't actually add videos to the local iPad library.

EDIT: Just passed 18k posts. I think I'm going to go outside now...
Thanks, that's what I needed confirmed. If you can't add custom home items to confluence I'll have to look around. Too bad there isn't some kind of faker that makes UPnP served media behave as local media.

Thanks again Ned, and thanks to all the XBMC guys and gals!
so how do you actually get your iPad to see your xbmc media library? i can't see the same sources as i can when i use the desktop version?
i'm using an iPad air and my iMac has mountain lion installed…both using frodo 12.3

my media is all on an external hd attached to my airport extreme

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with UPnP and library syncing0