Cheap celeron based XBMC
Hey,

I'm not 100% if the Intel Mobile 1037U 1.8GHz ULV dual-core processor is similar the celeron 847 in that it can handle pretty much all 1080p videos. But i've found the following which i think is a really good price.

http://www.cclonline.com/product/132597/...tAodszUAuw
The 1037U is a lot more powerful than the 847. It's a great fit for XBMC and OpenElec. I've got a 1007U Revo and it does a grand job - the 1037 is a more powerful processor than the 1007 so should be a good fit. It will do a good VAAPI decode+YADIF 2x software de-interlace for 1080i HDTV if you want to use the box for Live TV (the 847 isn't quite so good in this regard)

However if you want perfect 23.976Hz output for "24p" content - it's worth going Haswell rather than IvyBridge (the 10xx series are Ivy Bridge). The Asus Chromebox is a 2955U based mode (so Haswell and capable of perfect 24p). It's not out in the UK yet - but it appears people here have already got XBMC working well under Chrbuntu though it does involve reflashing to get round the Developer screen.

It's US$179 including 16GB SSD and 2GB RAM - so may be a good option?
Note that Ivy Bridge graphics won't give true 23.976 refresh if that's important to you, however the Haswell GPU's will. Best option for Haswell in the UK is the Gigabyte Brix 2955 which comes in 2 versions, one version uses msata for storage and the other version uses 2.5" laptop size drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap celeron based XBMC0