Need a little help with audio file tags
For years I've been pretty lazy with correct tagging of audio - "WMP does a good enough job and that's that". My mindset has changed on that and I really would like to sort my music collection out correctly.

I've tried every single f*cking program I can find to help with applying the correct tags (including Mp3tag - many times), but the issue appears to be that most sources for scraping that information don't appear to be consistent.

An example is this:

That started with all the files - I then decided I would try and mass tag things and it's really gone down hill from there - some files were deleted by the application and that album tag is... well hmm.

I was a little stupid and left all the CDs at my parents when I moved out years ago - now I buy music from iTunes and find the tags to be pretty good. It's the hundreds of old albums that are the problem. The only options I see are:

1) Repurchase hundreds of albums (way too expensive)

2) Fly to Austria with a massive suitcase and see if they even kept my CDs, fly back, buy an optical drive, install it and start ripping content again (obvious impracticality)

3) Quasi-illegally obtain music with possibly correct tags (obvious issues as well as finding the content - public rars, zips and torrents do not appeal)

4) Give up and live with perfectly set up and titled video files (18,000+) and a horrible looking audio collection.

Given the above options, what would you go with?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I would use Musicbrainz Picard and spend quite some time tagging my files.

Did you know that XBMC Gotham now has support for MusicBrainz tags in audio ?
Same here with music brainz.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So this Musicbrainz thing works pretty well? Off to Google.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a little help with audio file tags0