a question of performance?
before i ask my question i want to be as clear as possible. i really appreciate all that is done by those who created and maintain metropolis. my question is not a criticism rather a lack of understanding of skinning and coding on my part. i am trying to learn.

so the question:

why is there such a difference in speed and performance between metropolis and some other skins i recently have looked at? the difference is striking at times.

is there a way to improve this and can i be of any help?

thanks and sorry
If you're referring specifically to the last release (2.7.0), it's because the pull was botched. I'm working with the XBMC developers to sort it out.

If you're speaking of prior revisions, I honestly haven't noticed that. In general, Metropolis is one of the quicker skins for me.
i have been running 2.6.9 on 12.3
i also have played with 2.6.9 on gotham just as a learning experiment.
i also have mccgyverr's 2.7.1 on gotham.

all three behave the same. add ons load very slow. and poster fan art view is very slow also.

i am comparing this to Confluence Customizable Mod on frodo 12.3 and the new aeon nox 5 on gotham.

this all on a late 2009 mac mini with 8 gigs ram.

thanks for your reply.
Are you using the official releases, or installing from github? I noticed you've been playing around with modding -- if you don't pack the textures, it will be slower.
you got me on that one. git version and i forgot about packing the textures.

that make sense why the views are loading slow.
would that slow down the addons loading also?

i am going to load from official and see what happens.

i don't know how you all are so patient.

thank you.
Just FYI, Metropolis 2.7.0 had a problem with the pull and didn't include the packed textures either. 2.7.1 was just pushed up and it seems to be OK now. Try with that version and let me know if the problem persists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a question of performance?0