XMBC
ello

am looking into purchasing an xmbc for the first time can anyone point me in the right direction to enable to purchase my first xmbc

am new to this game so thought i would join the forum for some support

Regards

BigLad
1. Welcome

2. You probably win a prize for the least descriptive title I can imagine on a dedicated XBMC forum

3. XBMC is free - no purchase necessary - so I think you need to expand on what you want to do, how, budget, etc.

4. There is no four.
Smile 
(2014-04-05, 21:23)Prof Yaffle Wrote: 1. Welcome

2. You probably win a prize for the least descriptive title I can imagine on a dedicated XBMC forum

3. XBMC is free - no purchase necessary - so I think you need to expand on what you want to do, how, budget, etc.

4. There is no four.

ah well there you go then i did say i was new to this game

am after getting as much tv as i can including all sports

and may i say thanks to Prof Yaffle for a swift reply
just tried installing xbmc no joy ive got teamviewer if a member is willing to remote to set me up please

as much tv as possible plus all sports please
XBMC only really does TV if you configure a backend application (software) and a suitable tuner (hardware). I suspect you're after streamed TV, in which case you need to look in the addons section to see what's there. There are some less-than-legal and slightly-dubious addons as well (Sportsdevil, et al), but they're not supported on this forum, I'm afraid.
what kind of machine did you install it on? a pc? whats the operating system? and what do you mean by "no joy" exactly?

xbmc can be installed on all sorts of computer types.

you can buy little mini-pc type things specifically for installing xbmc and plugging into your tv, they come with remotes.

the mor einfo you put onto this thread about the kind of things you want to watch etc ie...why do you want xbmc, the better everyone will be able to make suggestions / recommendations.

some people just install it on a laptop and watch xbmc on the laptop screen.
some people install it on a laptop and plug that into the tv whenever they want to watch something with xbmc.
some people buy a dedicated pc and a remote and have it plugged into the tv all the time (media centre pc ot home theatre pc)
some people buy smaller, less expensive mini-computers and have them plugged into the tv all the time.

i personally had my windows pc plugged into my tv as a decicated xbmc box (home theatre pc aka HTPC) but it was too noisy so i bought a mini pc for £100 uk pounds (an android box with the model name "atv1200")
(2014-04-06, 16:30)thebearnecessit Wrote: what kind of machine did you install it on? a pc? whats the operating system? and what do you mean by "no joy" exactly?

xbmc can be installed on all sorts of computer types.

you can buy little mini-pc type things specifically for installing xbmc and plugging into your tv, they come with remotes.

the mor einfo you put onto this thread about the kind of things you want to watch etc ie...why do you want xbmc, the better everyone will be able to make suggestions / recommendations.

some people just install it on a laptop and watch xbmc on the laptop screen.
some people install it on a laptop and plug that into the tv whenever they want to watch something with xbmc.
some people buy a dedicated pc and a remote and have it plugged into the tv all the time (media centre pc ot home theatre pc)
some people buy smaller, less expensive mini-computers and have them plugged into the tv all the time.

i personally had my windows pc plugged into my tv as a decicated xbmc box (home theatre pc aka HTPC) but it was too noisy so i bought a mini pc for £100 uk pounds (an android box with the model name "atv1200")

many thanks for your help :-)
Why do I feel like the OP has only the vaguest grasp of what is going on lol.....
+1 on the above comment.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC1