Linux Network Movie Playback Issue
Hi All, I hope I can find an answer to my issue.

I am a System Integrator installing various home automation products for my clients, I have been trying to find a good value media player running XBMC that can stream ripped movies in various formats from a network HDD

I have been looking for a good Android TV box (running Linux) I have purchased over 10 of them running various versions of XBMC including Forodo 12.0. I have tried the Cyclone NANO Slim+, Midnight G box, MX Box and many others, but I always seem to come across the same issues. I mainly want to use it to stream my movie collection that I have on a network movie server running the "My Movies server" .

I have two main issues that I am desperately trying to solve

1. if I stick to the confluence skin my movie streaming seems to be ok on some boxes but on others the picture just does not play smoothly - the best way to describe it is that it jitters during playback.

2. On some of the boxes (namely the Cyclone NANO Slim+ they play fine on the confluence skin but as soon as I switch to Aeon Nox,,Ace or Aeon MQ5: XMBC almost grinds to a halt....sometimes taking up to 10 seconds to respond to my remote control commands (IP or IR) also when they do respond to a command the action is carried out quite slowly at times...the same thing happens when navigating my music collection,

....but streaming Navix, Channel 1, and all other internet streaming works well with no "jitters"

So I have 2 issues

1 Jittery playback (on some boxes) even if running the Confluence skin!
2. Slow response when using other skins: namely Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ5 and I have also tried Back Row.

I also purchased the Matricom G Box Sigma, that seems to run well but is much more expensive and more difficult to purchase as they come from the US.

All Devices are connected hard wired to the network using a Gigabit switch, network video source configured by using Windows Network (SMB)

Hopefully I have given as much info as possible.
Not sure but as you can imagine it's only a beginig or aswers to your issues.

1) as you may know more of this android tv box come with ethernet port, but in the majority, they don't use gygabit, so uf you try to read full hd movie with this connexion you can have lag or slow framerate on your playback.

2) Confluence is the default skin of xbmc and one of the reason for that is that the skin is really light, Aeon skin (nox or mq5) are some of the most impressive one, but also the more big and ram user skin in xbmc, so this can explain a slow response on this skin.

Hope this can help you, it's only my point of view and hope some other users come to comment your issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network Movie Playback Issue0