• 24(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-04-28, 12:26)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 17:27)BigDaddyRal Wrote: Also, as a request which I'm sure you're tired of at this point, currently pausing a movie or TV show brings up that beautiful blue bar and pressing "i" bings up the fanart and episode/movie information on top of the bar. Would it be possible to 1) have a setting to change the fanart to the logo or the logo over the fanart, and 2) would it be possible to have a setting to have the pause button also bring up the information brought up with "i"? Or in lieu of the info appearing when paused, perhaps having the logo show up over the bar in the middle or one of the lower corners?

I pushed a commit to Github which should take care of this. The image will show the fanart and the logo(when available and enabled in skin settings). When "prefer landscape thumbnails" is enabled, it will show the landscape image when available. When "prefer landscape thumbnails" is enabled, but no landscape image is available it will fall back to the fanart and logo.
If fanart and landscape both aren't available, it will fall back to the poster / thumb.

Thanks, Jeroen. The logo is showing up over the fanart on movies, but doesn't seem to be working on TV shows.
(2014-04-29, 17:29)BigDaddyRal Wrote: Thanks, Jeroen. The logo is showing up over the fanart on movies, but doesn't seem to be working on TV shows.

Hm, are you sure you have a logo for the movie? Because they're showing for me?
For those getting the dependency error. I got an email this morning that the FanArt Grabber addon was updated in the repo so it should be ok to install now without having to manually download it.
(2014-04-29, 06:04)Jeroen Wrote: The only thing that could have caused this is I bumped the version number for fanart grabber. Maybe the updated version hasn't been submitted or accepted to the Gotham repo yet. Try to install that add-on manually, see the first post for the github repo.

This was it. Thanks.

Also, I'm running with the Open Fonts, and it looks great so far.
Thanks robweber for the info! Good to hear that. I'll try the Open Fonts as well, hopefully we will see refocus in the xbmc repo someday! I'd really love that!
(2014-04-21, 14:52)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 14:27)kaiseruk Wrote: any plans to include music albums in the shelf options?

Maybe yeah, but it'd be post Gotham.

Ended up adding this sooner after all.

Content options: recent albums, recommended albums and custom playlist.

Regarding the open fonts, the only font I'm not crazy about it is the caps bold font used in the shelf and osd for instance. So the one used for the title in the picture above, instead there the regular font is used.

I have found a couple I like slightly better, but the Ubuntu Bold font (which is used now) has a considerably bigger character set.
Thank you for the music on the shelf, great idea. Wink good work
bug : old code

PHP Code:
<visible>![Window.IsActive(movieinformation) |

Window.IsActive(musicinformation) | Window.IsActive(busydialog) | Control.IsVisible(531)] +
 !
Control.IsVisible(9900)</visible

there is a bug, I think it end of line (9900) missing?

(2014-04-29, 09:33)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 19:31)carmenm Wrote: - the default background is sometimes long to load (i am on pi though...) which means having a black background while waiting for the background to load

(2014-04-23, 19:57)Jeroen Wrote: Thanks, I'm going to do some tweaking to transition animations that will hopefully make things a bit smoother on the Pi.

Turns out no tweaking to the animations had any substantial effect.

reFocus puts a shaded, semi-transparent .png file over the backgrounds / fanart and then colorizes it. For some reason the Pi really struggles on loading that image. I tried reducing the resolution and quality of the image. And while that did speed it up some, I decided I'm not going down the road of using platform specific code or textures.

Luckily, some more testing showed the slow loading is pretty much gone for me when the skin is actually compiled instead of running the uncompressed version found on Github. It's still a Pi so it's never going to be perfect, but it's much smoother and seamless for me now.

So, my advice to Pi users: compile the skin, zip it and then install from the zip, or wait for a stable pre-built skin release. Build scripts are located in the root of the skin folder. You will need TexturePacker to compile skins.
It's not ideal if you want to keep up with the version on Github I guess, but using a compiled build has always been the way "it's supposed to be" anyway.

I have uploaded a compiled test build here:

reFocus(Pi-test)

You can install this alongside your current version (it will not copy over your skin settings, it is just meant for performance testing), it will be listed as reFocus (pi test).

I do not intend to provide compiled builds other than milestone releases.

edit: make sure you have the latest version of fanart grabber installed (0.13.0), otherwise you will get a "dependencies not met" error when installing the skin.
Thanks for building this.
First i don't know why but i kept on getting dependencies issues (everything is installed though) when trying to install from zip. worked great after unzipping it myself
Now it's crazy fast! No comparaison for sure !
Now i get that it cant be compiled easily. I will try to make a script to do that (can it be run on the pi though ...)

Thanks for taking the time to look into that. It makes such a difference!
You're welcome. There's .bat and .sh build scripts provided with the skin, you just need texturepacker to make a compressed textures file
(2014-04-29, 19:03)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 17:29)BigDaddyRal Wrote: Thanks, Jeroen. The logo is showing up over the fanart on movies, but doesn't seem to be working on TV shows.

Hm, are you sure you have a logo for the movie? Because they're showing for me?

I tried a random movie and the logo showed up. Then I tried an episode of Californication and the logo didnt show up. I tried another show and that didnt show up either. And I've rebooted a few times. Maybe I just need to do a fresh install...
(2014-04-28, 01:28)mortstar Wrote: Something I've noticed with 'recommended episodes' is that it always defaults to list view. After every update to the data or after a reboot, I have to reset the view to slide. This doesn't happen in 'new episodes' which keeps its view setting. I wasn't sure if this is a skin or system issue.

(2014-04-29, 12:30)Jeroen Wrote: Update after talking to Unfledged about this. The reload property in the onclick action of the home menu button is the cause of this. Basically every time the reload takes place, the URL changes so XBMC treats it like a new folder, thus applying the default viewtype as a result.

Unfortunately removing the reload property from the link also means the container will not get reloaded automatically, obviously. You will need to exit and re-enter the window to get a refreshed list. Especially when watching episodes, to me that is a big negative.

So, a new update on this. I got a nice surprise from Unfledged, a shiny new script specifically made for this purpose Smile

The Library Data Provider add-on was never really intended to be used in the library, but for Gotham's new list filling feature (that's how it is used in the homescreen shelf widgets). It works in the library, but as is clear with some drawbacks.

This new script will remember the view settings and the content will automatically be updated (at the cost of a small performance hit compared to the Library Data Provider script)

So, I replaced the script used in the library, and reinstated the "Watchlist" name in the home menu.

This means that as of now there is a new required add-on.

The script isn't available on the XBMC repo, so you will need to install it manually. Hopefully it will be made available there, so it can be automatically installed. For now, you can download the add-on here:

script.watchlist

If you do not install this add-on you will get a "dependencies not met" error when installing or updating reFocus.

Note that the Library Data Provider is still needed by the skin.

Many thanks to Unfledged for putting this together Cool

(2014-04-30, 19:01)Reynald Wrote: there is a bug, I think it end of line (9900) missing?
Yup, fixed on Git. Thanks!

(2014-04-30, 23:21)BigDaddyRal Wrote: I tried a random movie and the logo showed up. Then I tried an episode of Californication and the logo didnt show up. I tried another show and that didnt show up either. And I've rebooted a few times. Maybe I just need to do a fresh install...
Have you set Artwork Downloader to use local files? That's not a requirement or anything, but I had some problems myself (but with landscape thumbnails instead of logo's) earlier with that.
(2014-04-30, 21:21)Jeroen Wrote: You're welcome. There's .bat and .sh build scripts provided with the skin, you just need texturepacker to make a compressed textures file

RPi users can simply re-use Texture.xbt when they update unless some media has changed of course.
Although creating a Texture.xbt file isn't that hard.
(2014-04-30, 23:29)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 01:28)mortstar Wrote: Something I've noticed with 'recommended episodes' is that it always defaults to list view. After every update to the data or after a reboot, I have to reset the view to slide. This doesn't happen in 'new episodes' which keeps its view setting. I wasn't sure if this is a skin or system issue.

(2014-04-29, 12:30)Jeroen Wrote: Update after talking to Unfledged about this. The reload property in the onclick action of the home menu button is the cause of this. Basically every time the reload takes place, the URL changes so XBMC treats it like a new folder, thus applying the default viewtype as a result.

Unfortunately removing the reload property from the link also means the container will not get reloaded automatically, obviously. You will need to exit and re-enter the window to get a refreshed list. Especially when watching episodes, to me that is a big negative.

So, a new update on this. I got a nice surprise from Unfledged, a shiny new script specifically made for this purpose Smile

That is pretty freaking great! Thanks to Unfledged for putting this script together and Jeroen for implementing it in your skin so quickly.
Can you have xbmc pass notification thumbs to your skin?I noticed the only icon that pops up is from your skin.
Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14