• 60(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
I have Jeroen´s repo installed.

I have not updated manually at all since the original install about a month ago, all updates must have been automatic.

I am not sure of the version in use either Sad
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
That's fine, it just tells me what revision I need to test against Smile

OK, the problem appears to be with one of your custom shortcuts with a unicode character in it (such as ß, ç é, etc). Ultimately this is caused by a lot of new code which is landing in the script at the moment. I can't recreate it directly, though, so I'd appreciate it if you could do either (or both) of the following to help track it down.

If you're comfortable manually installing scripts (that is to say, extracting them over the version in your addons directory), then try installing the latest git version, which has a couple of fixes over the version Jeroen is distributing.

If you're not, could you zip up the contents on your addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder and send that to me, so I can see exactly what shortcut is causing the issue?

Thanks for your help Smile
Ok, I manually updated with the just downloaded script.skinshortcuts-master.zip and now rebuilding the skin worked ok so everything seems to be ok Smile

Thanks a lot for the help Unfledged, I will report back if something should break (but I bet it wont) Smile
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Glad its working Smile
Sorry for the breakage, I should have given a heads up about the changes in the repository add-on.

As reFocus is now available on the official XBMC repository, my own repository is going to be used for pre-release versions only. As the upcoming reFocus release relies on a version of skin shortcuts add-on that isn't available on the XBMC repository / not stable yet I have uploaded it on my repo.

So, please uninstall the repository add-on and use the version on the XBMC repo if you aren't comfortable with things breaking once in a while. Of course by leaving it installed you will be helping out finding bugs and I will do my best to fix any bugs as soon as possible.
I've installed the latest version from your repo and am having issues with the shelf widgets - Recommend Episodes and Movies.

Is this a known issue or is there something I should be trying to resolve on my end?

Cheers
(2014-07-22, 14:51)Osito Wrote: I've installed the latest version from your repo and am having issues with the shelf widgets - Recommend Episodes and Movies.

Is this a known issue or is there something I should be trying to resolve on my end?

Cheers
I'm not aware of any issues so it depends on what you are experiencing really.

As the widgets implementation will be completely rewritten in the next release I don't think it's something that will be receiving a fix tbh.
Jeroen, thanks for the great skin. I just have on quick question. Any way to hide the weather icon next to Time/Date? My weather is wrong 99% of the time, and is just annoying. It doesn't have to be a configurable option under Settings, it could be a hidden toggle or something in a text file maybe.

Also, please let us choose "no image on homescreen". I like the simple and clean look of just the menu on a blue backdrop.

Thanks!
(2014-07-22, 23:06)dogzipp Wrote: Jeroen, thanks for the great skin. I just have on quick question. Any way to hide the weather icon next to Time/Date? My weather is wrong 99% of the time, and is just annoying. It doesn't have to be a configurable option under Settings, it could be a hidden toggle or something in a text file maybe.

Also, please let us choose "no image on homescreen". I like the simple and clean look of just the menu on a blue backdrop.

Thanks!

One reason you might notice it's often wrong is that it's showing the next day's forecast, not the current conditions. I have a pull request in to fix this: https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus/pull/36

Also you can emulate having no image on the homescreen by just creating a solid-color image in any image editor and setting that as your homescreen background.
(2014-07-23, 02:24)tdc0 Wrote: One reason you might notice it's often wrong is that it's showing the next day's forecast, not the current conditions. I have a pull request in to fix this: https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus/pull/36

Thanks, but it really doesnt matter. Almost every day shows rain or lightning, and it rarely happens. Of course I am not blaming Refocus, its just the shitty Weather Underground plugin (and the others don't have my City/Country available), so this feature is mostly an annoyance to me and my friends who use XBMC/Refocus.

(I'm sure it's a much more efficient service on non third-world countries, but hey we don't all live in Europe or North America).

(2014-07-23, 02:24)tdc0 Wrote: Also you can emulate having no image on the homescreen by just creating a solid-color image in any image editor and setting that as your homescreen background.

Tried that already, but there's always a subtle difference between the sidebar and the foreground and there's also a weird effect when it's coming in and out. Would much rather have official support, so that the sidebard is not apparent at all.
(2014-07-23, 09:34)dogzipp Wrote: Almost every day shows rain or lightning, and it rarely happens.

Yes but when it happens you are going to be well prepared for it. Big Grin
(2014-07-23, 17:30)Dimitriss Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 09:34)dogzipp Wrote: Almost every day shows rain or lightning, and it rarely happens.

Yes but when it happens you are going to be well prepared for it. Big Grin

good one! Big Grin
What if you just disable weather services ?
(2014-07-23, 21:35)butchabay Wrote: What if you just disable weather services ?
This will just result in a N/A icon, but it's still there just showing nothing really
(2014-07-22, 23:06)dogzipp Wrote: Any way to hide the weather icon next to Time/Date? My weather is wrong 99% of the time, and is just annoying. It doesn't have to be a configurable option under Settings, it could be a hidden toggle or something in a text file maybe.

If you open up Variables.xml and remove lines 162 & 163:

PHP Code:
<value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Player.Volume,0) + Weather.IsFetched">$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Day0.FanartCode),weather/small/,.png]</value>
<
value>weather/small/na.png</value

there will be no weather icon anymore.

As far as providing an option for it, not likely at the moment. It's not just providing the option. it's also making the time and date move to the right when it's turned off. But not when a mute icon is showing. Or a notification icon, or a library update message, etc. It all has to be done with conditional animations. which just is a hassle for just 18*18 pixels of space.

There's something called a parameters feature coming in Helix, which should make things like this easier. I'll take a look at it again when that comes.

(2014-07-23, 02:24)tdc0 Wrote: One reason you might notice it's often wrong is that it's showing the next day's forecast, not the current conditions. I have a pull request in to fix this: https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus/pull/36
Agreed, I'll take a look. Cheers.

(2014-07-23, 09:34)dogzipp Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 02:24)tdc0 Wrote: Also you can emulate having no image on the homescreen by just creating a solid-color image in any image editor and setting that as your homescreen background.

Tried that already, but there's always a subtle difference between the sidebar and the foreground and there's also a weird effect when it's coming in and out. Would much rather have official support, so that the sidebard is not apparent at all.
Maybe it's because of some changes I have made recently, but I just tried this myself using this image and there are no color differences or weird effects for me.

• 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14