[OSX] audio HD
hello gents,
I use this fantastic tool for a very long time... more or less I've never upgraded hardware and software (it works very nice, why to touch?)
The only missing option in my system is that actually I'm not able to play movies' dolby HD tracks for the know (old?) limit of the OSX.

Now the question is... in these latests versions has something changed? have you also bypassed that limit to that now I could use the hdmi port also for hd-master sounds?

thank you and thanx for your fantastic work,
GM
Nope. Sadly, there still is no access in the GPU drivers for HD audio passthrough. I think they even looked at some hack methods to get it going, but there's just no access to the right parts of the hardware.

* Ned Scott shakes fists at Apple.
uhm pity.... thank you for your answer!
That's mean that I'll stay with my mini 3.1 +10.7.5 that works like a charm (but no HD audio)
GM
How irritating...what a dumb decision by Apple.

I installed Ubuntu on my mini several months ago. HD audio worked like a charm. Sadly though, it wasn't worth it due to some hardware incompatibilities...wasn't worth the frustration.
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
(2014-04-08, 19:48)beemarp Wrote: How irritating...what a dumb decision by Apple.

I installed Ubuntu on my mini several months ago. HD audio worked like a charm. Sadly though, it wasn't worth it due to some hardware incompatibilities...wasn't worth the frustration.

I was considering this option.... what about openelec? what kind of incompatibilities did you find?
thanx!
GM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OSX] audio HD0