Gotham Dolby True Hd pass through not working
I have been using XBMC 13 and just upgrade to 13.1. I have blue ray rips that are not playing audio properly. All audio is working fine including DTS HD but Dolby True HD is not. The AC3 works but I cannot seem to get the Dolby HD to pass through.

My configuration us a windows 7 PC, AMD hd540 hdmi graphics card feeding via hdmi to an Onkyo receiver.

I also have Plex HT installed and that passes through all the audio properly. So I believe the issue is not in my OS or configuration. It is just XBMC with BR rips that I have an issue with and again it is only Dolby HD that is not working.

I also noticed In Gotham that there are no selections for Dolby HD or DTS HD compatible receiver options in the audio settings. Was this removed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bobsilver1
Those settings are still there, but there are now 3 levels (Beginner, Advanced, Expert) - bottom left hand corner of the screen - make sure Expert is chosen which will expose the relevant passthrough options.
(2014-06-08, 23:28)steelman1991 Wrote: Those settings are still there, but there are now 3 levels (Beginner, Advanced, Expert) - bottom left hand corner of the screen - make sure Expert is chosen which will expose the relevant passthrough options.

Yes I am aware of the settings and have chosen Expert. Still those audio options do not show up. Any suggestion what to do to get them showing?
You sure?, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page - they don't appear on the first page.
(2014-06-09, 00:16)steelman1991 Wrote: You sure?, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page - they don't appear on the first page.

Yes I am sure. At the bottom is the reset to defaults option. I am familiar where these were. They are in the same place in the Plex HT as well and they are there but not XBMC. But not on my XBMC. Is there a config file that I can delete to get it back to fresh config? This install is on a fresh windows install as well. So V13 was the first install on this windows installation.

Bob
(2014-06-09, 02:09)bobsilver Wrote: Is there a config file that I can delete to get it back to fresh config?

Bob

Yeah, you can delete the guisettings.xml from your userdata folder. You can also just rename the existing guisettings.xml to something like guisettingsBAK.xml so that it's backed up. A new one will be generated on the next restart.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-06-09, 02:31)thrak76 Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 02:09)bobsilver Wrote: Is there a config file that I can delete to get it back to fresh config?

Bob

Yeah, you can delete the guisettings.xml from your userdata folder. You can also just rename the existing guisettings.xml to something like guisettingsBAK.xml so that it's backed up. A new one will be generated on the next restart.

I just installed Gotham 13.1 on a machine that had Frodo 12.1 running on it. Frodo did show the Dolby HD and DTS HD options. After the install with Gotham those options are now gone. Are you sure Gotham retained those options?

As a test I am going to uninstall Gotham and install Frodo. As I recall with Frodo though it didnt have the best Blueray support.

Strange.

Bob

(2014-06-09, 02:31)thrak76 Wrote:

Bob

Removing the guiseettings.xml had no effect onthe audio options.

Bob
Hi. Just thought I'd ask, but do you have the following settings only.

(2014-06-09, 03:52)elnino-1900 Wrote: Hi. Just thought I'd ask, but do you have the following settings only.

Yes these are the settings I have.
DTS-HD and THD are only possible with WASAPI for the passthrough device.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-06-09, 04:43)thrak76 Wrote: DTS-HD and THD are only possible with WASAPI for the passthrough device.

That was it! I was using the Direct Sound. When I had tried the WASAPI setting I hadnt had the user level set to Expert so I didnt see the options available for the hD formats. When set under WASAPI and Expert all the options come up. All is good now.

Thanks so much for the help.

Bob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Dolby True Hd pass through not working0