Gotham / NPVR never loads recordings
Hi,

When I boot XBMC Gotham, the NPVR add-on never seems to load and gets stuck on 75% - Loading recordings... Any idea of the fix for this issue?

Thanks
Post the debug xbmc.log, and the nrecord.log/web.log and I'll take a look.
[edit: delete]
I went through and deleted/moved all of my old recordings and it seems to work. That's an okay solution for me.
I have the same problem, actually occurred with Frodo, but was working well with nPVR for many months prior. Tried again with a clean install of Gotham with same results. XBMC is stuck at the "Loading recordings from clients" message in the "PVR manager is starting up popup. Logs are attached, thanks for looking into this.

(problem resolved, see below)
It turns out I had 4 recordings with no name, and this was causing the XBMC PVR plugin to hang during startup. Not sure if this was a result of manual recordings or empty EPG data. This is how I fixed it:

1. nPVR: Settings -> Recordings -> Export Recordings
2. Edit the file "recording-backup.xml" and reduce it to just the items (<recording>) that have empty name tags (<name></name>). Then insert appropriate program names for each.
3. Close nPVR.
4. Moved the problem video files to a different path on the drive.
5. Start nPVR, it will check for missing files and remove the unnamed recordings from its database (in nPVR, you can check "Ready Recordings" to make sure they are gone).
6. Move video files back into the Recording Directory and do an Import Recordings using the XML file just edited. The recordings should reappear with the new names in "Ready Recordings".

Or, if you don't need the unnamed recordings, you can just delete them from within nPVR. Hope this helps someone if XBMC gets stuck again in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham / NPVR never loads recordings0