Files not always found after boot
I have an XBMC network with 5 TVs running on a shared library. 4 of the TVs run on XBMC on a PC and they run flawlessly. The 5th runs on raspberry pi that I have had issues with it since I started using it.
When setting it up, I loaded the advancedsettings.xml that all of the other PCs use so it now sees the library of files. I noticed that when I would start up the pi, it would take a while to make the connections to the server and to be able to access the video files (and sometimes even the whole directory). Sometimes the TV and Movies folders on the main screen wouldn't even show up. I ended up just rebooting the device until it loaded with the folders loaded. Usually the next time I wanted to watch something, the files would be available and everything would load fine.

I started off with the device on wifi but switched it to wired after the connectivity issues. This switch hasn't really changed the way it reacts after boot or improved the frequency that the files are accessible when I want them.

Sorry for the lack of clarity on the situation. I would like to expand to move TVs and it would be preferable to use raspberry pi's due to their size. If I can't get them to work reliably, I'll have to find small laptops and hide them behind TVs.
It sounds like your hard drives where you store your files are sleeping,
If you are running a raspbmc gotham build on your raspberry pi i would try and enable
"try to wake remote servers on access"
which is located "setting\system\power saving"
I don't allow the server to sleep at all. If that was the case wouldn't I have the same problem with the PC versions?
are you using windows on your pc's and server? what xbmc distro (raspbmc, xbian...) are you using on ur raspberry pi? this info would help alot in finding a solution to your problem
Yes, Windows on the PCs running 12.3. Running Raspbmc on the Pi 12.2.
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...3#pid98963
More specifically, s7mx1´s solution here: http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...1#pid55581

Edit: Well, reading again I see that you switched to ethernet. Is it a network connection issue or is it only the MySQL server that it fails to connect to?
Debug log on fresh boot when it happens might show something. Syslog might show something too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files not always found after boot0