[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.4.0.6 [!!!BROKEN!!!]
Update - this plugin is no longer working, there is no fix

I will update this post with new versions, to make it easier to find the latest.

When reporting problems ALWAYS include a debug log please.

Quote:In Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting Enable debug logging. This lets you toggle between Normal and Debug w/ visuals on the fly.

Can be installed from the official XBMC repository, my repository addon, or by direct download. New updates will always be available from my own repository and by direct download before being available via the official XBMC repository (4.0.5).

Repository add-on:
Frodo/Gotham: http://mossy-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/fi....frodo.zip

The plugin zip can also be downloaded from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

The plugin has access to a subset of the programmes available on 4oD with a resolution 512x288.

Access from outside the U.K and Ireland
See wiki.

Change log:
Version 4.0.6 [27 Apr 2014]
- Debug logging for episode list

Version 4.0.5 [09 Apr 2014]
- Fix: Location error for users in UK

Version 4.0.4 [09 Apr 2014]
- Fix: Programmes with no series or episode numbers not playing

Version 4.0.3 [08 Apr 2014]
- Fix proxy settings, again

Version 4.0.2 [07 Apr 2014]
- Fix episode data processing
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
not working keep say error

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=168395

thanks
4oD is back! Cheers Mossy.
Release 4.0.1 see first post

@nickshe89 Please remember to turn on debug logging before creating a log.

There was a bug in the proxy settings that would affect you if you had your proxy method set to "HTTP and Streams". I recommend you use "Proxy for HTTP" if that works, and only use "Proxy for HTTP and Streams" if "Proxy for HTTP" doesn't work.

Otherwise you may simply have forgotten to setup your proxy settings, without a debug log I can't tell what's happening.

In any case get the latest version, check your proxy settings, try again and if you still getting a problem, post a debug log.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
(2014-04-07, 12:52)Mossy Wrote: Can be installed from the official XBMC repository, my repository addon, or by direct download.

Marked as broken in Frodo 12.3 and the direct download link is not working for me.
(2014-04-07, 17:54)Eye in the sky Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 12:52)Mossy Wrote: Can be installed from the official XBMC repository, my repository addon, or by direct download. New updates will always be available from my own repository and by direct download before being available via the official XBMC repository.

Marked as broken in Frodo 12.3 and the direct download link is not working for me.

It's not broken in my repository, only broken in the official XBMC repository.

I don't know what problem you're seeing with the direct download page, works fine for me.
Location error

Fresh build on windows 7

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=168627

Not working on my pi either.

Uk based
Working !

Thanks mossy
@roadster 4oD thinks you're not in the UK. What happens when you try to watch that video on www.channel4.com/4od? Also check m.channel4.com/4od.
(2014-04-07, 21:48)Mossy Wrote: @roadster 4oD thinks you're not in the UK. What happens when you try to watch that video on www.channel4.com/4od? Also check m.channel4.com/4od.

Yes, they play fine.

Also worth mentioning that iplayer plays fine on xbmc.
Same problem here with the restricted location error using an Apple TV 2 with real UK IP. No problem playing 4OD on Windows 7. I also have no problem with XBMC iPlayer and iTV.

I appreciate all the work you're putting into this. Much respect to all devs.
@nickshe89, @roadster, @solidbox What ISP are you using?
(2014-04-08, 13:03)Mossy Wrote: @nickshe89, @roadster, @solidbox What ISP are you using?

Zen. IP Address starts 82.71.xx.xxx

Thanks for looking into this btw. We all appreciate your efforts.
(2014-04-07, 18:38)Mossy Wrote: It's not broken in my repository, only broken in the official XBMC repository.

I don't know what problem you're seeing with the direct download page, works fine for me.

That's strange.

Direct download link is working now.
@nickshe89, @roadster, @solidbox or anybody else in the UK having that location problem, please do the following with debug logging enabled:

* Install version 4.0.2a of the plugin from the experimental folder
* Run the plugin
* Bring up the context menu
* Select "Test Location"

As the debug log may contain your actual IP address edit it before posting (just remove the last two segments of the ip).

Update: I've added script.4oDtest.zip and 4oDtest.py to the experimental folder. Both of these do the same thing, which is download a 4oD web page that shows the location error. I want to see if there is a difference using the same python code in XBMC and outside of XBMC. The first is an XBMC script which can be installed as normal and run from the Programs menu. The second is python script that requires [url=https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.3]Python 2.7[/b] to be installed and can be run from the command line as follows:

Code:
python 4oDtest.py

It will produce a file called asset.html.

Both of these scripts should execute and finish in less than a second.

If someone who is experiencing the problem could run both of those scripts and post the debug log and asset.html that will help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.4.0.6 [!!!BROKEN!!!]1