Openelec Gpio Ir number buttons
I just got a gpio Ir receiver. Using a mce remote. The number buttons dont work. Has anyone gotten them to work that could comment on how they did it?
Check if numerical buttons are correctly mapped in lircd: start irw (via ssh) and push some remote control buttons (be aware XBMC will receive them, too).

If they are not mapped, try this (I don't remember exact steps):
  • kill lircd:
    Code:
    $ killall eventlircd
    $ killall lircd
  • start irrecord and follow its instructions (you can check this post for some hints);
  • move newly created file as /storage/.config/lircd.conf and reboot.
or you can check if there ain't a ready-made configuration file in lirc's remote controls repository; at the end I did the latter, as even tho irrecord recorded correct key codes, header information were off and lircd used to send wrong buttons to XBMC. You can also combine both approaches: use a ready-made configuration file and record only buttons not listed inside.

If they are mapped, check if there are XBMC bindings. What aspect of XBMC do you wish to control with numerical buttons?
I want them to be mapped to the numbers. If i have a mce receiver hooked up I can press 6600 and it goes to 1 hours and 6 minutes in the video. Its useful sometimes. I don't believe they are mapped because they do nothing anywhere that I can tell. Ill try this later on today.
In another context, I remember someone posting that the numerical pad keys (numpad) weren't mapped for XBMC by default (see here ), and offered this suggested mapping
Code:
Additions to map the Keyboard numeric pad keys:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- these keys come from XBMC_keytable.cpp -->
      <numpadzero>Number0</numpadzero>
      <numpadone>Number1</numpadone>
      <numpadtwo>Number2</numpadtwo>
      <numpadthree>Number3</numpadthree>
      <numpadfour>Number4</numpadfour>
      <numpadfive>Number5</numpadfive>
      <numpadsix>Number6</numpadsix>
      <numpadseven>Number7</numpadseven>
      <numpadeight>Number8</numpadeight>
      <numpadnine>Number9</numpadnine>
      <!-- here's the remaining keys.  enter and forward slash are the same as the standard keyboard.  mapped below they do nothing so map them however you like -->
      <numpaddivide>noop</numpaddivide>
      <numpadtimes>noop</numpadtimes>
      <numpadminus>noop</numpadminus>
      <numpadplus>noop</numpadplus>
      <numpadperiod>noop</numpadperiod>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

HTH
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec Gpio Ir number buttons0