Unable to stream live tv using OPENELEC (Gotham 3.95.1 and ServerWMC)
I have followed the steps on from the ServerWMC setup and the pvr.wmc( including special instructions for OPENELEC at the bottom of that page that speaks about creating a new confluence skin), but I get an error that can be seen around the bottom of my log file(...."reports error opening stream. Will close down stream."). The error doesn't give much info.

I am able to view WMC recordings and create new recordings in the specified folder so I don't think it's a folder permissions issue. I have also tried to stream live tv with my firewall down for a few minutes but to no avail. Can someone take a look and give me a suggestion as to what's wrong. Thanks.

OPENELEC gotham -- 3.95.1
PVR.wmc -- linux-x86-64-0.2.95.zip
Serverwmc -- Install_ServerWMC-1134.zip

http://pastebin.com/m4SJhehS
The error means the client machine cannot access the file in the recorded tv folder of the server machine. Being able to view and create new recordings happens over socket communication, but live tv and playing recordings requires the rec tv folder to be accessible.

I am confused by the log file, both the client ip address and the server name contain *** chars. Did you hand edit the log file to hid this info?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
yes I did for security reasons. Was that not appropriate? If it wasn't, sorry for the confusion.

The record tv folder resides on a different HD(other than C://) on my host WMC machine.

I have specified the folder path:
//machinename/recorded tv and set the username and password in the Serverwmc folder settings. I guess I have it setup incorrectly.. Should I provide a screenshot??

Can you offer a suggestion as to what I may doing wrongHuh

thank you for the quick response and suggestions!

One other thing, if you don't mind. I cannot 'playback' .wtv recordings inside my installed version of OPENELEC.
Let me clarify. I wrote previously that I can view the recordings(meaning I can see that recordings exists), however I'm not able to play them.

Is this because I have to have a mpeg-2 license installed in order to 'playback' existing .wtv recordings??
(2014-04-07, 17:28)twos50 Wrote: Can you offer a suggestion as to what I may doing wrongHuh

thank you for the quick response and suggestions!

One other thing, if you don't mind. I cannot 'playback' .wtv recordings inside my installed version of OPENELEC.
Let me clarify. I wrote previously that I can view the recordings(meaning I can see that recordings exists), however I'm not able to play them.

Is this because I have to have a mpeg-2 license installed in order to 'playback' existing .wtv recordings??

You cannot playback wtv files for the same reason you can't play live-tv: its because your client (openelec) cannot access the recorded tv folder on the server machine. It looks like the path is set ok, so I think the problem is with the credentials. Make sure the credentials the client is using to login (see folders tab) has access to recorded tv on the server machine.
Ok, will do!! Thanks Krusty, Thanks again. I will report my findings when I get a chance.
I have triple checked the creditials but still have the issue. I noticed that i'm able to open the folder in Openelec file manager. Not sure if that's exactly what the instructions had in mind when it said "verify the folder is accessible over the network". Do you think I should try version 3.95.3 of Openelec??

Thanks again.
Sorry you are having trouble twos50. A user before was having trouble like this and it was due to an illegal character in their user name or password in the credentials. Since these credentials are getting embedded in the file path, any character that is not allowed in a normal file name cannot be used in the credentials. Is that possible that's what your problem is?

Another experiment to see if its a credential problem, is to turn off password protected sharing in windows on the server machine (see the wiki for details). You could try that (just temporarily if you are worried about security) to see if that is the source of the problem.

Also, have you tested to see if you can get live tv working on your server machine? In other words, run xbmc on the windows machine, just to make sure there isn't something else wrong.
Ok, thanks for the suggestions. Oh i just thought, I do have @ and ! in my password. Are these illegal characters?? Or maybe length of a password?? Mine is abnormally long. If not then I'll try the other suggestions.

Thanks
I think the ! might be okay, but I think the @ is a problem. Try changing your possword.
Krusty, I think I am having a similar problem. I would like to set my recordings folder to be on a NAS so my Openelec machine can see it as well.

Is there a way to do this? I am not sure if Windows or WMC lets you pick a location where you can store your recordings. But if you know of a way, it will be really helpful.

Thanks.
I think the problems are actually very different. But wmc lets you move your recording folder but it doesn't let you set it to a network share. However there are ways to get a round this, check wmc forums.
I am getting no video data found on this stream error (or something along those lines, dont remember the exact wording of the error)

I am running Win 7 on a virtual machine with its own IP address on a mac os. Would love for it to get it to work but it doesnt. I get the EPG, and it connects just fine but doesnt play anything.

Now on the same Virtual machine I have NPVR running and that works fine with all the features, recordings and streams.
Post the serverwmc log then (not sure why though, why not just use nextpvr?)
I prefer WMC, man. I think its awesome.

I'll post the log in the next few days. Thanks.
(2014-04-08, 19:03)twos50 Wrote: Ok, thanks for the suggestions. Oh i just thought, I do have @ and ! in my password. Are these illegal characters?? Or maybe length of a password?? Mine is abnormally long. If not then I'll try the other suggestions.

Thanks

Try substituting %40 for the @ symbol in your password eg. if it's me@you then make it me%40you

Yyou could also go to file manager in XBMC then add source and browse to it, when prompted for user/pass enter them and check save (I think xbmc may handle weird characters better than server.wmc does) if you save credentials in xbmc then turn them off in serverWMC, you'll have to do this to all xbmc installs
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to stream live tv using OPENELEC (Gotham 3.95.1 and ServerWMC)0