Google Android TV part 2?
http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/5/5584604...android-tv

Anyone have specs on this box?
There are no known hardware boxes that run this variant of AndroidTV. Have to wait and see what Google announces later on.

That said there were at least 3 chips claiming support for GoogleTV v4 which was to be AndroidTV before that was scrapped. But who knows what's going on with AndroidTV at this point, Google themselves may be the only one who ever launch a box using it.

An AndroidTV device powered by an Amlogic M8 would be the most desirable option I think in terms of media decoding support and reliability for XBMC but thats very unlikely unless Google is letting others have access to this version of AndroidTV.
you would think that after four different versions of GoogleTV, they would have stumbled on something that works. Talk about throwing features on the wall and see what sticks. Smile
(2014-04-08, 21:19)davilla Wrote: you would think that after four different versions of GoogleTV, they would have stumbled on something that works. Talk about throwing features on the wall and see what sticks. Smile

This has been an issue since the start. Companies have been vying for the living room space for AWHILE now.

The start was WMC implementation where M$ tried to get into the market. Intel had a failed box. Multiple people have continued to try. Then we got the Apple TV and the Roku which were the first boxes to really break into the set top world. Xbox 360 was an attempt and the Xbox One is an evolution of that.

Really it's been failed attempt after failed attempt with no one getting the holy grail of a set top box that can combine live tv and internet apps.
What is shocking is how good the Amazon Fire TV is, and for so little $$$. It seems like Amazon knows a thing or two about what people want, even more so then Google, I think that is what I find the most surprising. I am loving the one I have and have ordered 2 more to replace the other HTPCs in the house. When 13 finally runs well on it, it will do everything anyone could ask for if they want something to run XBMC on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Android TV part 2?0