Constantly RE-Setting content
I have quick question: the lady of the house sent me an email the other day, explaining a problem she has encountered, whereby a previously configured video source (configured as either Movie, Tv Show or Music Video) would all of the sudden dispappear from the library.
And once you browse that location from the VIDEO ==> FILE [LOCATION] and launch the context menu, instead of seeing the [SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT] option, you see [SET CONTENT]
apparently this has happened several times.
By the way, we are using a beta version of XBMC 13.0...
Wow. Nobody?
Unfortunately, nobody in the know can reproduce this fault.

What you'll want to do to troubleshoot is, when everything is working (i.e. you know you have content set on a path) take a copy of your database.

Then, when it breaks, grab another copy.

Take a look in each and see what content is set on the path table.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You also share your sqlite databases over the network and use them with multiple clients, right?
I told you previously this will cause database corruption.
@Kib So you did, and he scoffed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have been waiting for this thread ever since. :-)
Don't forget 512TB NoRaid.. 1 TB partitions..
Ha!
found the source: IN ALL CASES, this was a virtual-drive specific issue that HAD NOTHING TO DO with the database itself. It was rooted on one of my automation scripts* un-mounting a virtual drive and not re-mounting correctly. So there :-)

*=I have a whole suite of scripts that perform several server maintenance/fine-tuning functions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constantly RE-Setting content1