Cisco PDS 2100 series set-top and CEC (not exactly a RPI problem...)
Hi:

I have installed RPI last week and everything works ok. I can see anything and if the TV not support it, decode audio by software (some DTS files) with less than 60% of uP, Excellent! I not display fan art and not use the DB but it´s OK in this case, it´s useless in this appliance but I think that RPI perfectly can run both without problem and still works very well.

The CEC controll works OK, I can change from HDMI sources in TV and remote works on RPI when I select it again. Wonderful a very decent (remarkable I say!) HTPC for less than $ 60.

But problems in paradise begins when I connect yesterday a Cisco 2140 Set-Top digital cable sintonizer to a free input HDMI in TV.

When I change to Cisco and return to RPI remote controller by CEC in RPI not work any more. The TV not detect Cisco as a "source" (never) only display signal an I can´t control any functions of Cisco with the remote of TV. It seems that not have CEC.

The problem continues until I disconnect HDMI cable from Cisco and reboot RPI. Then everything works ok again. I change two cables in Cisco, one of them exactly the same that I use with RPI and the problem continues.

I understand that problem it´s originated in Cisco and not RPI, but perhaps somebody found a workaround in a similar case changing some configuration at RPI level. I don´t know if exist HDMI cable without CEC but it seems to be the only hardware solution if I need to connect this set-top to the TV+RPI.

The TV it´s a KDL42R475A and RPI runs Openelec 3.95.4.
Yes, Pulse Eight make a CEC-less hdmi cable specifically for devices that interfere with CEC:
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...cable.aspx
Thanks popcornmix AGAIN, this seems to be the solution, I search for it in my country because shipping it´s by far more expensive that the cable itself :-(

Other solution it´s cut the wires of a cheap cable, I do this before buy this cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cisco PDS 2100 series set-top and CEC (not exactly a RPI problem...)0