Linux XBMCbuntu Gotham will there be a 32-bit version?
Openelec
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have three laptops - all of them 32bit in my house and I am dying for a 32bit version of Gotham. I have installed the 64bit version of Gotham 13.2 on these laptops and it works, however, it routinely freezes. Nothing short of killing the xbmc processes via task manager works.

I am running Ubuntu LXLE 32bit on my laptops.

If making a 32bit version of Kodi available is not too much trouble, it would be much appreciated.

FWIW, I have at least three friends who would use a 32bit version. And I fear there are untold thousands running Kodi on a 32bit computer without even knowing it.
we DO provide 32bit kodi builds in all our ubuntu PPAs. There is just no xbmcbuntu 32bit.
(2014-11-01, 21:28)wsnipex Wrote: we DO provide 32bit kodi builds in all our ubuntu PPAs. There is just no xbmcbuntu 32bit.

So if I followed these instructions:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Installing_XBMC_for_Linux

I should have the right version installed on my computer, right?
Yes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry was just checking back in, was never able to take the time involved for getting gotham on a 32b machine. Are there any plans for a one-click 32b ubuntu download for Kodi?
There are 32 bit and 64 bit builds available. It is just the xbmcbuntu distro that is not available in 32 bit. However you can install 32 bit ubuntu and then the 32 bit xbmc.
I have a dell laptop that is running arch 32bit and gotham works great. I also have a compaq that is running fedora 20 64bit and gotham works well. I am planning to switch to fedora 32bit on the dell and will post back with my findings.
Make sure to not use "broken" Helix builds, e.g. patched to fit into Fedora by their maintainers while removing our tested libs, like especially ffmpeg.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-11-07, 00:20)nickr Wrote: There are 32 bit and 64 bit builds available. It is just the xbmcbuntu distro that is not available in 32 bit. However you can install 32 bit ubuntu and then the 32 bit xbmc.

OK thanks, after KODI is finalized I will see if I can figure it all out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Gotham will there be a 32-bit version?0