Raspbmc: How to connect Pi to remote Pi Video Source
Hey everyone!

Question is in the title basically. I have a Pi running sickbeard, couchpotato, and soon sanbnzbd on my Pi with a 500GB HDD connected at my house.

However at my family's house about 2 hours away they also have Raspbmc on a Pi running with a small 16GB SD card that I load files remotely from.

My question is, can I connect that pi at my family's house remotely to the Pi at my apartment that has the HDD installed, and how? Especially since sickbeard/couchpotato and now
sanbnzbd running, Everything will be going to my /media/HDD/Movies and /media/HDD/TV Shows folders, I can simply remotely connect each folder to their appropriate video source.

Thanks for any help!!
- VPN server running on the media source Pi.
- VPN client running on the remote Pi connected to the source Pi network
- Now the remote Pi is connected to your source network and the two PiConfused can communicate between them.

Edit:
Note that you need to configure port forwarding on your internet router at the source location so that the Pi will get the connections on port 1723.
It is mentioned in the tutorials below.

Some tutorials:
PPTP VPN Server Pi
How To Setup Your Own VPN With PPTP
Raspberry Pi VPN server
Bo Berglund
Sweden
thanks!! very helpful!
hey there, having a little trouble!

I followed the first link you posted for PPTP, and i could connect via Mac VPN connection from my mac to the pi. But for some reason, it would connect via IP 192.168.0.234, is this right? And when I am connected I do not get any internet, and also I do not get any files that I can see?

So I just went ahead and started a trial for VyprVPN since this includes a fast speed using OpenVPN and not PPTP. How can I connect my Pi to this VPN as a server? And do I just connect to the VPN from my mac and should see the Pi's files? Sorry I am just confused from the client side and how to setup VyperVPN or if I even need it?
Note that the VPN protocols create a network environment for your client computer where it will be part of a remote network just like it was directly connected to that network.
But it does not give you access to a computer on that network unless you use some other software such as PuTTY and connect to the computer in question (this includes the host of the VPN service; Raspberry Pi).
Bo Berglund
Sweden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc: How to connect Pi to remote Pi Video Source0