Sending HDMI CEC Commands using JSON-RPI
Hello Team,

Two things initially. First thank you for providing the community with the best home entertainment software available and second, I apologize if this area of the forum is not the correct place to post my question. I will ask it anyway but accept if it gets moved or I get told its inappropriate.

Is there any way to use the JSON-RPI API to send HDMI CEC commands to devices? I appreciate that not all devices used to utilize XBMC supports HDMI CEC but I was hoping that maybe the calls were available for devices that do.

Please let me explain my use-case.

I have a couple of televisions with Raspberry Pis behind them XBMC is not only my primary media interface but is constantly on. The Pi is powered on always so even when the TV is off, the Pi is on and available on the network.

I want to be able to send a command from a server to the Pi asking it to turn on the TV and then play a specific file. For example, my server gathers the weather each morning creates a WAV file using a TTS engine - I want my bedroom TV to turn on at say 7AM and play the weather file. There are various other instances I want the Pi to turn on the TV and play media files - but that was just a single environment.

The OS on the Pi is OpenElec however I can't make use of the CEC tools as XBMC appears to have the port locked (which I understand) thus I would need to ask XBMC to send the signal.

Hopefully this makes sense and again, sorry if its in the wrong place but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jon
Not currently possible.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sending HDMI CEC Commands using JSON-RPI0