[Solved] No sound after update, burned hdmi port?
I updated to openelec beta 5 this morning and noticed i was not getting any sound out of my vizio tv. Turns out the sound stopped working from that hdmi port. I had my pi over clocked(1gz), over volted(6) and force hdmi checked. Could any of that have contributed to my hdmi port breaking? It works on another port, but I'm afraid it could happen again.
If you are getting video then the HDMI port is not broken. The video and audio are in the same stream on the same wire. More like your audio settings are wrong.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Might be related? http://openelec.tv/index.php?option=com_...&id=102634
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-09, 06:32)nickr Wrote: If you are getting video then the HDMI port is not broken. The video and audio are in the same stream on the same wire. More like your audio settings are wrong.

your right. Its working today. I dont know what i did.
Edit. I think the tv is just going bad. Its like 5 years old now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] No sound after update, burned hdmi port?0