First season of TVShows found, not 2nd, 3rd, etc..
So I'm attempting to give xbmc a shot as a long LONG time user of MyMovies but am having some difficulties just getting going.

I have my TVShows arranged in a format that the Wiki says acceptable like below:

Quote:TV Shows <<Source folder, Content: TV shows>>
|----TV Show 1
|.......|----Season #
|............|--Files

All of my media files are names as:
SSxEE.<show title>.<episode title>

making Episode 1 of Idiot Abroad look like this:
01x01.An Idiot Abroad.China.mp4

so that gives me this folder structure:

TV_Shows <<Source folder, Content: TV shows>>
|----Idiot Abroad
|.......|----Season 1
|............|--01x01.An Idiot Abroad.China.mp4
|.......|----Season 2
|............|--02x01.An Idiot Abroad.Desert Island.mp4
|............|--02x02.An Idiot Abroad.Trans-Siberian Express.mp4

etc..

When I add the folder and set the scraper to TVShow using TVDB, it succesfully adds all my shows, but only ever picks up Season 1 of any show ignoring all other seasons..

Is there a trick to get this to work correctly? Thanks in advance!

edit: (i've tried uploading my logs as described in the wiki, but xbmc crashes everytime I try and never sends an email. Sad )
Looks like thetvdb are missing episode numbers for the dvd order for season 2 and 3. If you switch to aired order it should sort itself out.
Or add the missing DVD Order episode numbers to tvdb...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-09, 05:34)sialivi Wrote: Looks like thetvdb are missing episode numbers for the dvd order for season 2 and 3. If you switch to aired order it should sort itself out.

Yup, that did it. Selecting neither DVD Ordering or Absolute ordering in the TVDB Scraper settings did the trick. I guess I had assumed you had to pick one. Smile

Thanks!
Seems like you are using unnecessary information. I have about 90 TV shows and I have the series in a folder, each season in a folder in that (Season 1, Season 2, etc.), and inside each season I have s01e01.mkv or whaveter. Every single one of my show scrapes perfectly that way. I suppose if you're used to doing it a way and it works, that's fine but adding the episode title seems redundant since XBMC will scrape the title just by using the season and episode number.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-04-11, 21:29)patseguin Wrote: Seems like you are using unnecessary information. I have about 90 TV shows and I have the series in a folder, each season in a folder in that (Season 1, Season 2, etc.), and inside each season I have s01e01.mkv or whaveter. Every single one of my show scrapes perfectly that way. I suppose if you're used to doing it a way and it works, that's fine but adding the episode title seems redundant since XBMC will scrape the title just by using the season and episode number.

As I mentioned in the first post, I don't want to change my existing structure/nameing because I currently use MyMovies instead of XBMC. I don't want to break the MyMovies installation to try out XBMC.

Also, not including all the data in the filename makes it difficult to parse what the file is outside of the directory structure. IE if you give it to someone else, want to take it with you on a laptop, ipad, etc.

Either way, it's all working now.. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First season of TVShows found, not 2nd, 3rd, etc..0