720p on ouya??
Hi all,
sorry if this topic has been repeated but i have searched the web and read things here and there.

I have bought an ouya for using it as an xbmc machine, but unfortunately my samsung tv says "mode not supported".
i can see the ouya does work through putting in through my projector but i need it to work on the samsung tv.
I know out there, there is a rooting method and then use a app to force 720p, but the question is does anyone out there actually get this resolved by the doing the above root and app? I guess i didnt want to root my ouya if i knew for sure it still wouldnt work.
I have spoken with ouya customer support and in the end of emails was they would get there engineers to look at it Sad

i would of thought as ouya has been out for some time this would of being resolved, but looks like not.

So can anyone confirm they had a similar problem to mine, and then ouya was working on there 720p screen after they rooted and installed the app to force 720p??

thanks for your time,
rodie
From what I understand, it's not much of an issue outside of retarded samsung TVs. I have a samsung monitor that does the same thing all the time for lots of stuff.

Anyways, just root the OUYA and apply the 720 mod. There should be links on how to do this on the OUYA (wiki) wiki page. There's literally no downside to rooting. You can keep getting OUYA updates and playing games and all of that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720p on ouya??0