Can i access xbmc server (on my pc) from my ipad?
hi guys, i don't have a wi fi on my pc so is there a way to access xbmc server that i installed on my pc , from my ipad ? TO stream movies .. thx for the answers.
please someone.
If you have the files shared out to the network then yes. There are apps you can download that will let you find and play your media. If you're up for jailbreaking you can do that to get the XBMC app. VLC has an iPad app that is free and should be able to find files on the network. Filebrowser is a good one but you have to pay for it.
Do you have wifi on your LAN? Is the wireless lan bridged to the wired lan? (This is usually the case on home routers).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
my pc is not on the same network as my wi fi. Can't i connect to it remotely, like a remote media server?)
So this is a networking issue, not an XBMC issue.
You'll have to open up ports in your firewall / router to be able to do that.
no , my pc has a different internet access , it's a cable one, 60 on 60 , and has a different ip adress , so my wifi and pc are in completely different networks.

So again my question is how can i connect to xbmc media server that launched on my pc, via ipad , so i can stream my movies and tv shows.

Again my ipad is using wifi , and pc is not using it, Different networks. There is gotta be a way to do this. Thx again.
Is this a home network? Can you explain exactly how the network is set up? I'm just confused as to why you think being on wifi or a wire makes a difference.
my wired connection is completely separated from wifi , no router, it has it's own ip ,and goes to it's own device, so no local network between my wired and wifi.
How can i connect to xbmc media server(server is located on my pc) from my ipad, cause media server is not in the same local network , so app can't find it on its own., i must enter ip , port , username and pass ...

I hope its clear now, sorry guys.
Everything IS on the same local network, you just don't have things set up properly. You should never have two deices on a network generating IPs, for this exact reason. You need to set the wireless up as an access point or bridge it to the router.
ok , so is there a way i can find my xbmc without local network? Maybe via internet? is this possibly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can i access xbmc server (on my pc) from my ipad?1