Skipping forward during playback of recording in progress
I just switched from MP to XBMC but I am still using the MP TV Server for live and recorded TV. So far the wife loves XBMC but she ran into one little issue. Sometimes she will start watching a program while it is still in the process of being recorded. This works fine unless she skips forward up to the live point. When she hits that point the playback stops and it exits back to the recording list. If she then selects the recording again it will start from the beginning again. I think when we were using MP and she did the same thing it would stop the playback but it would not exit the playback screen so then it would basically start playing the live broadcast. Is there anything in the configuration that I can change that would allow the playback to continue from the live point or that at least would restart the playback form where it ended?
Short answer: this use case is not (yet) supported in tsreader mode. It might work in ffmpeg mode (haven't tried).

Technical background:
Playback of the recordings is completely done by the internal XBMC videoplayer. The MediaPortal PVR addon only transfers the list of recordings and their filenames to XBMC.
Currently XBMC sees a normal video file (somerecording.ts) and it does not know that it is growing due to an in-progress recording, so on playback it checks at the beginning what the length of the video is. This basically means that the playback cannot pass the Live broadcast point.
One way to fix this is to adapt XBMC to check regularly if the file is growing at least when it is playing a recording. The other way is that the file playback of recordings should be handled by the PVR addon itself but this will make the playback slightly slower and break the automatic thumbnail extraction.
I will see if I can add an option for the PVR addon recording playback in a future version of the addon.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Understand. Thanks for the quick reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping forward during playback of recording in progress0