Video playback in XBMC (raspberry pi) as MythTv frontend
Hi guys,

First of all, know that i am a complete newbie with XBMC, Raspberry pi and MythTv.

I am already using a 0.26 MythTv Backend and 12.2 Frodo XBMC frontend.
I dont have a tunner, the only thing i want is to display a video (located in the mythtv backend) in the xbmc frontend.

I've tried to connect to mythtv backend with the PVR addon and with the mtyh://[email protected] way

Im actually connected (because i've tried to connect with another ip address and it appeared a connection error)
but i only see empty folders (all recordings, movies, ...etc).

I dont know what i am doing wrong, could you please help me?. Thanks in advance.
Why are you using the PVR section at all if you don't even have a tuner (note the spelling)?

Export the directory on the mythtv machine using samba and then add it as a windows networking source in XBMC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-10, 01:08)nickr Wrote: Why are you using the PVR section at all if you don't even have a tuner (note the spelling)?

Export the directory on the mythtv machine using samba and then add it as a windows networking source in XBMC.

Even more so, if you do not have a tuner, why are you using Mythtv at all?
Exactly!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I will have a tuner soon... i am only testing the sistem with videos downloaded from the internet first... i didnt know that i needed one to use xbmc. As I said before, I am completly noob.
*system... forgive my english I am Australian. Smile
Solved! Samba ftw! The Australian thing was a joke just in case someone is annoyed.

But is there a chance of doing this with mythtv?

Tomorrow I'll get the tuner, see you soon!

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback in XBMC (raspberry pi) as MythTv frontend0