OpenSSL Update?
Hi!

When will OpenSSL be updated from 0.9.8 on the windows edition of XBMC? 0.9.8 -> 1.0.1 has issues connecting with HOSTNAMES, thus not at all when using HTTPS Connections Confused
at least 0.9.8 is not hit by the heartbleed security issue *ducking*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-04-09, 22:06)Memphiz Wrote: at least 0.9.8 is not hit by the heartbleed security issue *ducking*

Big Grin

I did a Little test with installing OpenElec 3.95.5 (beta 5) on an usb stick cos i saw that they had updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1g and that did connect using a HOSTNAME Smile
So i guess it's somekind of handshaking issue between 0.9.8 > 1.0.1+ that doesn't work, maybe a bug or something Cool
*bump*
The Version 1.0.1g of OpenSSL fixed the Heartbleed-Bug it would be good if XMBC uses this Version.
I tryed to use XBMC with my Synology NAS via Webdav ( HTTPS) with the newest Version of the NAS Operating System it wont work because this uses OpenSSL 1.0.1g.

Do you plan to implement that in the near future
you saying OpenSSL 0.9.8 (client) is incompatible with OpenSSL 1.0.1g (server)?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
abit of an old post but here's a reply anyways, it's only the windows version of kodi that cant connect to webdav when using a hostname (ip works) to an synology nas. Sad

any way to update the openssl on windows kodi ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSSL Update?0