[Feature Request] Sort TV Shows by date of the last added episode (newest first)
Hello!
Would be great it the TV Shows list could be sorted by the newest episode added to a TV show.
Example:
I have 3 TV shows: 1, 2 and 3. Currently they appear in the list in the following order: 1, 2, 3. Now, I add an episode to show number 2 and I want show number 2 to appear first in the list: 2, 1, 3. If next I add an episode to show 3 then the order would become 3, 2, 1.
To mention that I'm trying to do this with TV shows list not episode list. I am aware that I can make a playlist to show recently added episodes but the list would contain only episodes and not entire TV shows.
Thanks!
Is this really missing as a feature or are we not looking in the right place? I'm looking to do exactly the same thing - the Movies section has this option but it's missing in TV.
Anyone know if there's a workaround to make this happen? Seems like an obvious omission - both Sky and Virgin Media Tivo boxes in the UK organise TV shows in this way - when a new episode is recorded, the whole folder for that show is pushed to the top of your list, I know the US TiVo works the same way too.
+1
Also works that way on SageTV
Anyone know of a way to achieve this if it's not getting implemented officially?
Just created a pull request that introduces the ability to sort tvshows by date of the last added episode. PR @ https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4964
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
This is great news, thanks very much for doing this! <3
This is my #1 Kodi request for a long while now. There's an option for sort by "Last Played" date but that doesn't work as I'd want/expect it to.

Seems like it'd be a fairly simple thing to implement but for some reason or another either no one else wants this or can agree on how to implement it.. too bad. I'd love to hear a work-around if anyone knows of one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Sort TV Shows by date of the last added episode (newest first)1