Linux How to auto run a video plugin?
Hi Guys,

Firstly I would just like to point out I am new to all this and I am not sure if I have given enough info or not on the setup. My apologies if I have not. I really just want to know if it is possible to start an addon automatically when xbmc starts?

Not sure if this is in the right place or not but I am trying to get a video plugin to start automatically when xbmc starts. I am using a Jynxbox M1 with a XBMCbuntu. I have tried using autoexec.py to get the video plugin to start but I get a script error using this code and a couple of variations of it:

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(plugin.video.ntv)')

I have also read that you can use addon.xml to use <extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="startup"> but I am not sure is it the addon.xml file found within the plugin that you need to edit to start or is there a different addon.xml file that you need edit? I tried doing this by extracting the video plugin zip file making the change to addon.xml there and compressing again. I install video plugin again no problem but it doesn't start when xbmc starts.

Lastly I have also read that you can use an onload command in Home.xml to get a plugin to start but I haven't been able to do this because it is read only so I can't make any changes.

Sorry for the long post but does anybody know what to do to get this to work?

Thanks

John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to auto run a video plugin?0