• 7(current)
'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source
Infringing software?. It is only a customized skin on which they want to make lots of money.
Which i cannot say is right because the software and all addons are open source.
Only wanted to check this out seems to look nice and running smooth.
So you are saying that the distributors are making their xbmc source available? Where pray?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
On their website they are saying that their box is powerede by raspberry pi
And openelec xbmc if you are looking at the specifics.
(2014-10-07, 18:05)derksuh Wrote: On their website they are saying that their box is powerede by raspberry pi

They don't run an official build of OpenELEC.

They use their own customized version with many piracy add-ons preinstalled. This should not be promoted or accepted by anyone.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-10-07, 18:54)lrusak Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 18:05)derksuh Wrote: On their website they are saying that their box is powerede by raspberry pi

They don't run an official build of OpenELEC.

They use their own customized version with many piracy add-ons preinstalled. This should not be promoted or accepted by anyone.

I agree with that, i think it's kinda criminal to make money on an opensource based software.
I thought they were using an official build with a skin like SIO2-X, but then customized in dutch.
Guess i was wrong about that my apologies.
NO IT IS NOT CRIMINAL to make money from open source. It is illegal [0] to take GPL2 licensed source code, change it, compile it, and distribute it without also making the source available [1].

If someone is pays me to install open source software on their computer, or to buy a computer off me with open source software installed for mor than the hardware cost, then that is up to them. It is not a breach of the GPL2.

[0] a breach of copyright law, although not necessarily "criminal".
[1] In fact you have to provide the source if you distribute the binary, even if you have not changed the source!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So I couldn't help myself and I got a hold of image. The One 8gb.

As far as I can tell it runs on Openelec 1.4.1 with no changes done to the system. They din't even bother to change the system Name so you still see the box as OpenElec on your network.

They have a custom splash picture wich is located on the fat partition of the SD card.
It has a custom skin and it gets the add ons form their own repository.

You can even change back to confluence skin to access the file manager.

If someone is interested I can upload the storage folder so that you can check the skin and add ons used but I do not think they made changes to the Kodi code.
Last week I even saw a payed promotion in my FB timeline from them.
Only have 1 word for them, losers!
(2014-10-13, 12:47)psysfaction Wrote: So I couldn't help myself and I got a hold of image. The One 8gb.

As far as I can tell it runs on Openelec 1.4.1 with no changes done to the system. They din't even bother to change the system Name so you still see the box as OpenElec on your network.

They have a custom splash picture wich is located on the fat partition of the SD card.
It has a custom skin and it gets the add ons form their own repository.

You can even change back to confluence skin to access the file manager.

If someone is interested I can upload the storage folder so that you can check the skin and add ons used but I do not think they made changes to the Kodi code.
If they distribute, they must supply the source, to the letter of the license it doesn't matter if they have or have not changed it.

However if it is just standard openelec with no changes - does anyone care.

They are entitled of course to sell XBMC, same as anyone else.
again: everyone that legally obtained their image are entitled to the source, so ask for it.
Hello,

Is it possible to run this software on the computer? I've put xbmc to my macbook but i don't know what's the repo. My raspberry is to slow to run it smoothly.. i thought if i put it on my mac I can also watch movies without tv..

thanks in advance!
(2014-10-29, 19:13)Neth046 Wrote: Hello,

Is it possible to run this software on the computer? I've put xbmc to my macbook but i don't know what's the repo. My raspberry is to slow to run it smoothly.. i thought if i put it on my mac I can also watch movies without tv..

thanks in advance!
Check here http://kodi.tv/download/
Thanks, but that was not what i mean;

I have already run XBMC on my macbook but i want the software (repo) "ditistv" on my macbook. Is this possible?
(2014-07-23, 08:55)Martijn Wrote: Seems they already adjusted the website now claiming "The One, onze geheel eigen media interface" (The One, our entirely own media interface).

Don't they use some one else his skin? So again making false claims.

(2014-10-07, 09:27)derksuh Wrote: Infringing software?. It is only a customized skin on which they want to make lots of money.
Which i cannot say is right because the software and all addons are open source.
Only wanted to check this out seems to look nice and running smooth.

yep, mine Sad

...at least they got taste. Rofl Rofl Rofl
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2014-10-29, 19:38)Neth046 Wrote: Thanks, but that was not what i mean;

I have already run XBMC on my macbook but i want the software (repo) "ditistv" on my macbook. Is this possible?

You won't get it here.
The software is just plain Kodi/XBMC/OpenELEC, nothing new about it.
For addons, check build in repo.
The addons used in ditv are most likely illegal and not allowed to discuss on this forum!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source2