Firmware installation on AML8726 based boxes - factory_update_param.aml file
Hi Guys, go easy on me I'm new here :-)

I couldn't find a thread with the answer to my question, so if one exists please do forgive me.

I have this box

It is based on the AML8726 soc as described HERE

It comes with DroidPlayer firmware pre-installed which can be downloaded for recovery purposes from HERE

Being the inquisitive person that I am, and having seen various posts about other firmwares, I decided to try installing a different firmware I obtained from another company which uses the exact same boxes. Unfortunately, this didnt work as expected, and now every time I go into the recovery menu (toothpic holding reset switch whilst plugging in power jack) I have an android laid on his back with a red warning triangle and none of the menu options work - they are selectable, but they dont respond or do anything.

After some searching I found this very handy recovery image that sombody made for these type of boxes - HERE

Now, before using this image I wanted to be nosey and compare it to the original droid player firmware for my box. after extracting the image to an SD card I opened the factory_update_param.aml file and compared it with the same file in the original firmware. The reason for this is that the third party firmware I attempted to install did not have this file, and I am thinking that maybe it needs it to install correctly.

Any how, comparing the 2 factory_update_param.aml files I noticed a difference. One has the line --set_efuse_version="version=1,mach_id=0xb8e" whilst the droid player version has the line
--set_efuse_version=2

They both also contain the line --set_efuse_ethernet_mac

What I would like to know is exactly what do these efuse lines do, and is the version setting related to the specific firmware being installed or is it for the hardware it's being installed on. If it's for the firmware, is there a way to work out what it should be set to for the third party firmware I am attempting to install?

Any help you can give me relating to this .aml file would be most welcome :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Firmware installation on AML8726 based boxes - factory_update_param.aml file0