Need case advice. 6+ 3.5 bays
I have a nMEDIAPC 6000B ATX. I have outgrown it finally. I need a case that can hold at least six 3.5 drives. Though the rub is the depth needs to be below. 16.4 which is the current case and it is pushing the limits of depth. I don't care about the height or width.

The silverstone GD07/08 would have worked, but they are both way too deep.

I would love any suggestions.

Fractal Design Node 804 is all I have found. It is not being released for 1-2 months. It is my winner so far with a very reasonable price.
Due out in May. £80. Smart!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-04-10, 21:14)jammyb Wrote: Due out in May. £80. Smart!

I love how it looks. It has plenty of room for expansion. It will take me a decade to fill up 8 drives. It has all the cooling options I could ever want. Not to mention it costs a little of nothing. I wish it did not have a clear panel. I would rather slap sound deadening on the wall. I can hold out for a month or so till I rebuild my server. I am still open to other cases.
Just vinyl the window to black it out.

Ditch the optical drive slot too.

I'll move over to this box I think!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I will write a review on this case when it comes out. Take some pictures of the build.
Not if I get one firstTongue

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Should be available some time this month.
(2014-04-10, 18:20)Schumacher Wrote: I have a nMEDIAPC 6000B ATX. I have outgrown it finally. I need a case that can hold at least six 3.5 drives. Though the rub is the depth needs to be below. 16.4 which is the current case and it is pushing the limits of depth. I don't care about the height or width.

The silverstone GD07/08 would have worked, but they are both way too deep.

I would love any suggestions.

Fractal Design Node 804 is all I have found. It is not being released for 1-2 months. It is my winner so far with a very reasonable price.

I'm curious. Why can't you just use the Node 304 or Lian-Li PC-Q08 that are already out? I don't see any major advantage of the 804 over the 304, unless you know that you're eventually going to need more than 6 hard drives in the future. According to Newegg, the depth of the 304 is 14.72 inches. Isn't that sufficient for your needs? The PC-Q08 is even less deep, at 10.71 inches.
I already have 6 hard drives right now
I thank this one will suite your bill:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-des...adefminibl

6 3.5 bays
2 5.25 bays

same company
Well I got the Node 804. It is perfect for what I need. Roomy, easy to wire up, plenty of room for expansion, good airflow, very shallow, quiet!, dust filters galore, looks sexy, and well priced. I am very pleased with this case.
(2014-05-16, 23:08)Schumacher Wrote: Well I got the Node 804. It is perfect for what I need. Roomy, easy to wire up, plenty of room for expansion, good airflow, very shallow, quiet!, dust filters galore, looks sexy, and well priced. I am very pleased with this case.

Can we get some picture ? Smile
Update... it is kind of loud. I need to put a fan controller on it to lower the fan speeds. Pics are all over google.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need case advice. 6+ 3.5 bays0