del
del
How low do you want to go? I'm using my Pi for the exact same thing as you. Internet streaming. It is possibly the cheapest stable hardware. Depending on what parts you have already lying around. You can set a Pi for £35-£45. For me its performance is beyond my expectations for the price. Its really stable!!! really easy to set up and so much help out there...

Also it might not be the fastest hardware. but once its starting a movie. No android box comes close in terms of quality of the picture... so I've been told. But the pi doesn't have netflix or Hulu.. I vote pi
I vote quad core android just for streaming. fire tv or ouya. PI for local content.
i pretty much have mostly everything for a pi setup, besides something to use for a remote control. and thats only if the wifi adapter i have is compatible. i was thinking about the ouya or the cubox-i looked promising and seems like it will get more support in the future.

ive been trying to get my hands on an original xbox, not only for xbmc but also for gaming.
the cheaper you go now then the faster you would want to upgrade. The Fire tv beats Ouya in every deparment there is. they even cost the same! and its already running 1080p. how about this. since you only want to stream content and almost got all the parts, by the way if you got a modern tv anything in the last few years it should have cec. basically you can control XBMC with your tv remote. how cool is that. check if you do. if so then no question really. by model b raspberry pi for £28. and install openelec. since almost all wifi adapters are compatible you should have no problem. also if you didn't know the pi has an ethernet connection. seriously you could get a fire tv for £100. but £30 for a good setup is better. then when you feel like an upgrade you can always sell the pi and get something better.
yeah i actually have an older tv but i plan on upgrading real soon. ive actually been trying to find an original xbox on craigslist but havent run into too many. but atleast that gives me a benchmark when im in the market for a tv is the CEC option

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
del0