Issue with sharing media
hi all am new to all this i have xbmc but i dont no how to add stuff to it i have down loaded stuff but dont no how to get it on xbmc please help
(2014-04-10, 18:49)darren121 Wrote: hi all am new to all this i have xbmc but i dont no how to add stuff to it i have down loaded stuff but dont no how to get it on xbmc please help

Are you on Windows? The easiest means is to select the drive or folder you wish to share with XBMC in Windows and right-click Properties>>Sharing>Advanced Sharing>>Share this Folder. A small logo with two faces will appear next to the drive indicating it is now being shared over your network (you may need to create a Homegroup to make this work, but I don't think it's necessary).

In XBMC, navigate to the Videos menu, select Add Videos, select the SMB option from the list and find the path of the shared folder on your network.

Next, set the parameters of the scan (the most important being the scraper used; I suggest adding the Universal Movie Scraper from the XBMC.org addon database for videos (under Get Addons>>XBMC.org>>Programs), as it is the most flexible scraper. I recommend choosing the Moviedb for most options within the Universal Scraper outside of movie ratings to avoid the frustration of missing or incorrect file names. I find the other providers (IMDB, etc.) incorrectly name movies more frequently, but the Universal Scraper adds the ability to obtain additional information that the Moviedb alone cannot handle.

If your set-up requires a different method of sharing, more information can be found in the XBMC wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eo_sources. Also, before you begin scraping, make sure you read the portion of the wiki regarding file naming conventions. In order for a movie to be recognized by XBMC, it must be named correctly, with the correct year from the scraper of choice.
Split off from the beta testing thread - please post in an appropiate location.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with sharing media0