• 5(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@Jackhari

If your userdata wasn't been wipped then remove your network settings, reboot and then try again.

I will look into this again when I'll get a chance but for me it was 100% success rate.
Need more users testing, reporting and uploading logs.
(2014-04-25, 02:25)Rod1 Wrote: Hi, I can't seem to successfully flash either of these builds onto my Bluetimes M3 box running one of the earlier Pivos Linux builds. It just freezes at the kernel boot screen.

Should I flash back to Android before I flash the Linux Gotham build?

I'm having the same problem, though I'm on a G-box Slav 2.2, which is exactly the hardware this is supposed to run on.

I had the same problem with one of Corey's previous builds. Never goes past the kernel boot screen, though the installation seems to progress normally. No error messages or any indication of a bad install.

Not sure what it is about these particular builds. I have used the old Static 2.0 Linux beta, J1nx's 2.0, and the previously mentioned STTV build all without incident. Wanted to try this one since it's the first Gotham Linux build for this hardware.

As far as the flashing, I've tried flashing directly over the existing STTV linux (doing all the usual wipes from recovery boot, of course). Tried it from Clockwork. Tried it after reflashing the box with Android. All met with the same results.... crashed on the boot screen. Not sure what it is about this particular build ("MX Linux") that my hardware doesn't like, since I've read good reviews about it elsewhere, apparently it's working fine for other people.
I am currently using j1nx beta 2 version. but after I flashed is rom without any problem its starts ok but quarter of the screen is black I never had problem with j1nx version I reflashed 3 times even tried gotham and Frodo versions but no joy. can you please help me what I am doing wrong here ? I have gbox midnight
(2014-05-10, 22:54)Nostrodamus Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 02:25)Rod1 Wrote: Hi, I can't seem to successfully flash either of these builds onto my Bluetimes M3 box running one of the earlier Pivos Linux builds. It just freezes at the kernel boot screen.

Should I flash back to Android before I flash the Linux Gotham build?

I'm having the same problem, though I'm on a G-box Slav 2.2, which is exactly the hardware this is supposed to run on.

I had the same problem with one of Corey's previous builds. Never goes past the kernel boot screen, though the installation seems to progress normally. No error messages or any indication of a bad install.

Not sure what it is about these particular builds. I have used the old Static 2.0 Linux beta, J1nx's 2.0, and the previously mentioned STTV build all without incident. Wanted to try this one since it's the first Gotham Linux build for this hardware.

As far as the flashing, I've tried flashing directly over the existing STTV linux (doing all the usual wipes from recovery boot, of course). Tried it from Clockwork. Tried it after reflashing the box with Android. All met with the same results.... crashed on the boot screen. Not sure what it is about this particular build ("MX Linux") that my hardware doesn't like, since I've read good reviews about it elsewhere, apparently it's working fine for other people.

Hi, are you using this via HDMI or Component out? As mentioned before, this kernel only seems to support HDMI. I think if it doesn't detect HDMI out, it just stalls at the boot screen.

dhead is going to build a Bluetimes M3 specific build, which hopefully should solve this.
It looks like I wasn't aware that GPL is still breached by different developers that only share pre-compiled kernels (for both M3 and MX) on Github.
It would be non constructive to blame the developers as they're signed against NDA with Amlogic and in the end of the day users only care for having a working image and not getting the sources.

This is a major bummer as I wanted to look into the ATV120 and ATV520E, and also start to play with a normal distro in a hope we could have sometime OpenELEC (maybe with libhybris for libmali.so) run at least for the MX (too old M3 kernel for systemd).

So I have only one thing to say: Amlogic. please stop working in the dark and please release the F***ING SOURCES !!!
I have tried M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507-test1.zip and it worked very well on my M3 box except for two things.

1. It freezes for 10 seconds before launching any stream on Streamcub. Not even a spinner. I stream movies and TV shows using Streamcub add-on: https://github.com/cloudberrybox/streamcub I usually use mkv files to stream. On 12.3 Frodo I got a spinner instead of freeze.

2. I got 4 usb but usb4 does not detect my keyboard. it works in usb1-3. usb4 is enabled because it can mount a usb disk.
running /lib/udev/findkeyboards doesn't list the keyboard ether. Could it be a kernel issue?
Hi everyone.

I did send a PM to dhead with regarding MX2 devices but I have yet to recieve a reply. I am running Gotham XBMC 13.0-Beta 4 Compiled Apr 20 2014 I was wondering if someone could help in locating the Final Release of Gotham for the G-BOX Midnight MX 2 my box is running Linux 3.0.50 #1

I would really apriciate if someone can point me to a Image file already compiled so that I can run the latest version.

Many thanks
Thats what i love about this site the quick responces Smile
@dhead

Could you please compile M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507 for GBox 2.0 ?
(2014-05-07, 18:31)dhead Wrote: Here's the first test build, sorry for taking so long, my internet connection is unstable ATM, the rest of the test builds were already compiled few hours ago but I couldn't upload them.

It would much help if both Frodo and Gotham images will be tested
* Frodo based image: M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Frodo-20140507.zip
* Gotham based image: M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507-test1.zip
* Gotham based image, only test this if the issue described by Jackhari not fixed in the previous test1 image: M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507-test2.zip

@Aenima99x
Great I will compile a test image in the near future (probably next week).

@wojciii
I don't use the multithreading flag, if I remember correctly when I did tried using it the build failed on XBMC and it seems like the XEN client (running in PV VM) already using all my cores.

@dhead

Thanks for all your hard work guys! Looking forward to testing out the A11/STVMC/M3 Pivos build for Gotham when it's out.
On a side note: I can't figure out why it's so difficult to find end-to-end instructions of building a custom image of the latest XBMC/Linux on the web... I feel that it's a challenge I should be able to overcome. Big Grin

cheers!
Currently I don't got a desktop or and don't carry with me a normal laptop (usually moving around with my Chromebook) so it takes me more time to get things done.
Hopefully I'll be getting a new laptop till Sunday so it will be easier to get updated builds out.

From what I see in Github, Corey offers / will start offering builds for Xios M3 (maybe also M1) and STVMC device (A11 ?).
I posted here before that I'll build updated images for these devices so I'll keep my promise, upload and post here soon but it would be a one time exception.

I do not wish to regularly build images for devices that supported by Corey and J1nx (TLBB) due to the fact they decided to breach GPL and work with private kernel sources only sharing binaries.
It's a huge PITA to support such devices with no knowledge of the changes that can only revealed by allot of testing and examing the the kernel, the update uboot (again without sources), uboot parameters and nand structure (if nand was re-partitioned).
My approach to this was as a learning expereince on Linux, binaries contribute to me nothing, same goes about Amlogic crappy documentation and lack of communication so f*** that.

GBox M3 images will continue to uploaded regularly ATM.
Thank you @dhead for working on these, almost obsolete, devices! I tried Gotham 13.1 on my gBox (original, M3, v.2.1) with Android; it runs pretty snappy, until Android Media Scanner kicks in and uses 100% CPU, making the box unusable, until you force close XBMC and the Media Scanner process. Definitely going so flash you Gotham test build today and test it!
Any new builds yet?

Can you please test if you can connect a keyboard also in USB4 slot?
*** REMOVED ***
(2014-05-16, 01:29)dhead Wrote: As I've been asked here for an updated MX build, here's an update for the g18 MX (not NEWMTD) based on development tree of Gotham 13.1 beta.
No support for this what so ever, if you like support then install the stable build from Corey and surf to his XDA thread.

It seems to be working well on my device but I only tested this briefly.

Again, this is for MX not the M3 devices.

http://d-h.st/AsC

p.s.
If you have any relationship with Chinese manufacturers of these devices, M3 and MX, then please try to source out updated Linux kernel sources (and the misc libraries like amlplayer) as Amlogic public sources are quite old (the latest are from 03-2014).

That's awesome @dhead! You are just a monster. I just hope the MX build posted here, which I (and I'm positive many others will, greatly appreciate too) is not going to tempt someone to flash onto the M3 box!
I'll flash the MX build tomorrow (on my MX/M6/dual core mBox that is currently running Corey's MX Linux) and report results.
Keep up the great work.
./b
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7